Hype surrounded Kogan’s Agora 4G in August for being the cheapest 4G smartphone money could buy in Australia. One month later and the Agora 4G was knocked clean off its mantle by Australian newcomer Oppo with its Neo 5.
The Passport is an unusual smartphone from BlackBerry, a company no longer part of mainstream lexicon. This is BlackBerry’s attempt at bringing innovation to the popular touchscreen smartphone.
Sony has taken a red pen to the original Z1 Compact and made subtle refinements - important refinements - that inches the succeeding Z3 Compact closer to perfection.
Apple is taking the fight to Samsung with its first large screen smartphone, the inimitable iPhone 6 Plus. It brings Apple’s famed iOS 8 software to a vibrant 5.5-inch screen, but we fear somewhere along the way the iPhone lost its magic.
Rivals usurping market share have pushed Apple to dig deep and do something it's only done once in seven years: increase the size of its iPhone's screen. Even with the face lift, the iPhone introduces nothing new to the smartphone market and little e...
Here lies to the follow up to Motorola’s most successful smartphone ever, the second generation Moto G. Time has seen the smartphone grow half an inch in screen size, gain higher resolution cameras and house stereo speakers. Do these changes make a g...
The task ahead of HTC’s One Mini 2 is borderline insurmountable. The smartphone is charged with making the technology found in HTC’s flagship One (M8) available in a pocketable 4.5-inch form factor. The miniature smartphone has big shoes to fill as t...
Australian newcomer Oppo may have made the best smartphone yet with the Find 7.
Often we use the word “inexpensive” to describe smartphones that are kind to your wallet. The Desire 610 doesn’t warrant the euphemistic term; this smartphone looks cheap, feels cheap and worst of all, is not that cheap.
Huawei’s Ascend P7 is fit to take on Samsung, Sony, HTC and Apple; whether or not it will come out on top is another question entirely.
Kogan claims the Agora 4G is the cheapest 4G smartphone around, and at $229, it's hard to contend. Sacrifices have been made to keep this smartphone's price down. The question is: are they deal-breakers?
Good budget smartphones meet your everyday needs when you’re used to using phones of a flagship caliber. We were using the LG G3 - arguably the most advanced smartphone on the market - prior to testing the Moto E. Stark differences set the two smartp...
Amazon's Fire Phone is really solid, maybe even great. But unless it's your first smartphone, it might be hard to switch from a more mature platform like Android or iOS. You'd have to be really committed to the Amazon ecosystem--the type who already ...
Commotion surrounds a new Chinese manufacturer called OnePlus and its first smartphone, the One. The promise of top-tier hardware for bottom dollar has the internet ablaze, and big guns Samsung, Apple and HTC paying attention.
LG is readying the local release of its best smartphone to date, the G3, right when hysteria for the Galaxy S5 has tired. Innovations include a 1440p screen, a laser autofocus camera and worthwhile software add-ons, but is the G3 good enough to push ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus is shutting down its 2G network, prompts customers to upgrade
- Telstra offers Apple Music in Australia
- Is the smartphone market saturated?
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- Meet Arrow, a new Android launcher from Microsoft's Garage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW