If you're after an effective and stylish notifications-centric smartwatch, the Gear S2 will fit the bill, although its lack of call taking and reliance on Samsung's own Tizen OS are limiting factors.
Nexus smartphones get software updates first. Google takes care of the design and partners with a manufacturer to have them made. The software remains stock, vanilla, free from overlays and third-party bloatware. The Android operating system that shi...
Motorola has broken away from custom by releasing two versions of its Moto X. The Moto X Style, reviewed here, is the company’s 2016 flagship as it wraps Motorola’s most powerful technologies in its most ambitious design. Then there’s the Moto X Pla...
HTC would have a hit on its hands if it weren't so optimistic about how much you'd be willing to pay for this small, mid-range phone.
The Xperia Z5 Compact will follow you anywhere. It’s small enough to hide in tight jeans pockets and built well enough to take on water. Every other usage scenario, from making calls to taking stunning photos, is handled with the same diligence.
All the big changes happened in Lollipop. Now it's Marshmallow's turn is to show the world how useful and personal Android can be.
A discussion would’ve taken place during the development of the iPhone 6s Plus. “Do we retain the iPhone’s identifiable styling or make a comfortable phablet,” would’ve been asked. A credible question worthy of serious consideration.
Big changes have been made to Apple’s iPhone 6s. The naked eye will consider this smartphone identical to its predecessor with its eerie, twin-like looks, and yet this generation’s model represents a substantial step forward, from the fabric of its m...
Smartphones are annoying. The sole purpose of a smartphone is to interrupt those moments that are meant to be lived. They masquerade under the pretence people need them in the case of an emergency, all the while delivering an endless parade of notif...
Oppo is slowly and surely finding its place in Australia. Progress has been made systematically since the company entered the local market this time last year. Banners advertising Oppo smartphones hang from ceilings at Westfield shopping centres; ded...
There was no two ways about it: if you wanted a well rounded smartphone on a shoestring budget, then you would buy a Moto G. Then you would tell your friends about its incredible value-for-money — the first and second gen models cost no more than $2...
Samsung's latest curved-screen smartphone, the Galaxy S6 Edge+, looks great -- but does that necessarily make it a better device?
A lot of the Note5’s DNA comes from the Galaxy S6 range released earlier this year. Some of these changes might come off as familiar, but compared to its predecessor, the Galaxy Note 4, the Note5 has been completely overhauled.
The Huawei P8 is a game changer. The implications it will have won’t be noticed by the big brands dominating the market today. This smartphone is a bit like the Tesla Model S in that it represents a much bigger picture.
Many trophies line the mantle at Oppo’s offices. One reads “first smartphone with a 1440p screen”. Another reads “first smartphone compatible with fast charging”. Engraved on a third is “world’s thinnest smartphone at 4.85mm”. These proverbial trophi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- LG announces the V20, a phone squarely targeted at audiophiles
- When will your phone get Android Nougat?
- Report: Nexus home button animation and 'night light' option appear amid a batch of leaks
- Samsung officially announces the Galaxy Note 7 and a refreshed GearVR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW