Apple has to out-execute itself (and its rivals) every year to coerce millions of users to upgrade and get Android users to switch. The latest iPhone offers enough advances to make the upgrade worth it.
Smartphones - Reviews
Previously, a Plus-sized iPhone meant a bigger screen and that was about it. With the iPhone 7 Plus, the dual-lens camera is a major selling point.
Any $269 smartphone is sure to have flaws, and this does, but it's still good value.
Acer's Liquid Jade Primo smartphone goes all in to replace your PC, bundling a phone, keyboard, mouse, and dock together. We put that daring concept to the test.
It’s iPhone time again and whether you’re a fan or not the whole tech industry gets a lift and the general, less-techie populace gets a lesson on the latest technology.
iOS 10, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, brings a variety of upgrades to Siri, 3D Touch, the Lock Screen, Maps and other features.
VR is no gimmick and it’s thriving among early adopters: both in the world of powerful computers with the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive and also in the phone-based space where almost any modern phone is a potential VR gateway.
For $250 you should just buy a vastly superior point-and-shoot camera.
It may not be as fast as the other Moto Z phones, but the return of the headphone jack and super battery life make up for it.
You’d be forgiven for being confused about which phone to buy these days. The choice can be bewildering at certain price points – especially in the $500 to $800 region. But when the Moto X Force throws its hat into the ring it backs things up with so...
The last phone we reviewed was the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. That costs a staggering $1,000 more than this Oppo phone and yet when we switched over to it the overwhelming sense was of relief. Here’s why…
A rugged phone designed for someone who puts durability ahead of performance.
At $1349 you’d be forgiven for wondering if you were looking at a laptop or tablet review, but no, this really is the price of Samsung’s new phone.
The Wiwander is a portable mobile hotspot that comes preconfigured to work across various Asian countries. You connect to it via WiFi and it provides internet access over the local mobile phone network.
It's too bad Motorola's better-performing flagship phone takes a back seat to the svelte Moto Z. The Z Force is worth the higher price.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC