Just over three months ago we slammed Sony’s latest flagship phone, the Xperia X Performance, for being one of the most disappointing products that Sony had made in years. It was such a mediocre effort (at a premium price) that even Sony’s own previous range outclassed it. No here’s the phone that should have launched then, the Sony Xperia XZ. How does it fare?
It’s called the X Power because it has a 4,100mAh battery which is the biggest on the market. The next largest is the 4,000mAh unit in the excellent Huawei Mate 8. Even the iPhone 7 Plus hits just 2,900mAh. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is 3,600mAh.
Any $269 smartphone is sure to have flaws, and this does, but it's still good value.
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are worth the upgrade if you want an amazing camera, water resistance, and better battery life.
If you weren't testing out the beta version of iOS 10, be careful when updating your iPhone.
It's another sign that Google is abandoning the longtime Nexus name in favor of 'Pixel' for its upcoming smartphones.
iOS 10, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, brings a variety of upgrades to Siri, 3D Touch, the Lock Screen, Maps and other features.
Back up your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and get ready to upgrade to Apple's next-gen operating system.
The stopgap measure is coming first to South Korea in an attempt to douse the flames of the ongoing exploding phones scandal.
Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are arguably the most anticipated new smartphones this year, but who has the best deals for the new phones and which one should you pick?
Kogan Mobile has introduced a new unlimited standard national talk and text prepaid offer that it claims is the most affordable offer currently in the Australian market.
Amaysim is the leader in telco customer service, according to the release of the latest Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) and Communications Alliance quarterly, Complaints in Context report.
Optus has launched its new mobile payment facility, Cash by Optus, whereby customers with compatible smartphones can make contactless purchases under $100.
Every smartphone that has passed through our testing labs in 2016 has been rounded up on this page. Readers in the market for a new smartphone: this is a good starting point. Consider the smartphones available, narrow the selection down according to your price range and then begin qualifying either the retailer or carrier best suited to your individual needs.
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- CCSAP Hana and UI5 ConsultantsACT
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW