Just over three months ago we slammed Sony’s latest flagship phone, the Xperia X Performance, for being one of the most disappointing products that Sony had made in years. It was such a mediocre effort (at a premium price) that even Sony’s own previous range outclassed it. No here’s the phone that should have launched then, the Sony Xperia XZ. How does it fare?
It’s called the X Power because it has a 4,100mAh battery which is the biggest on the market. The next largest is the 4,000mAh unit in the excellent Huawei Mate 8. Even the iPhone 7 Plus hits just 2,900mAh. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is 3,600mAh.
Any $269 smartphone is sure to have flaws, and this does, but it's still good value.
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are worth the upgrade if you want an amazing camera, water resistance, and better battery life.
If you weren't testing out the beta version of iOS 10, be careful when updating your iPhone.
It's another sign that Google is abandoning the longtime Nexus name in favor of 'Pixel' for its upcoming smartphones.
iOS 10, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, brings a variety of upgrades to Siri, 3D Touch, the Lock Screen, Maps and other features.
Back up your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and get ready to upgrade to Apple's next-gen operating system.
The stopgap measure is coming first to South Korea in an attempt to douse the flames of the ongoing exploding phones scandal.
Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are arguably the most anticipated new smartphones this year, but who has the best deals for the new phones and which one should you pick?
Kogan Mobile has introduced a new unlimited standard national talk and text prepaid offer that it claims is the most affordable offer currently in the Australian market.
Amaysim is the leader in telco customer service, according to the release of the latest Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) and Communications Alliance quarterly, Complaints in Context report.
Optus has launched its new mobile payment facility, Cash by Optus, whereby customers with compatible smartphones can make contactless purchases under $100.
Every smartphone that has passed through our testing labs in 2016 has been rounded up on this page. Readers in the market for a new smartphone: this is a good starting point. Consider the smartphones available, narrow the selection down according to your price range and then begin qualifying either the retailer or carrier best suited to your individual needs.
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- FTDWH Developer - Hyperion / DatastageNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSoftware Development Manager - CloudACT
- FTSQL Server DBA- 2016 RDBMS, SSIS, SRS, Certified DBANSW
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTICT Account Manager / ICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- FTField Services EngineerWA
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Java Applications DeveloperVIC
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- FTSCOM AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW