We round up the latest rumors on Samsung's next phone-tablet hybrid device.
Smartphones - News
Microsoft started pushing its Wallet. 2.0 app to Windows Insiders, bringing much-needed NFC tap-to-pay support to Windows 10 phones.
You'll at least get two free years of Google Photos storage if you opt for one of Moto's thin phones.
With a 3D printer and a lot of trial and error, a clever developer has created the most unholy of smartphone alliances.
This would put Samsung at the forefront of display innovation, but it's unclear if the world needs this kind of breakthrough.
It's not out yet, but you'll love what Google's added to the preview version of its next version of its mobile operating system.
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
Google's Project Ara modular smartphone is coming to developers at the end of this year, but it's lost a key part of its vision along the way -- total customizability.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
Google’s bringing its entire Android mobile app library to Chromebooks – the company announced today at its annual I/O developer conference, thanks to an innovative system of containerization.
Google has completely redefined what an "app" means, launching Android Instant Apps, which breaks up an app into chunks and allows them to be loaded almost instantly.
Several former Microsoft execs launched a new company that will use Nokia branding for new smartphones and tablets.
Was the Lumia 650 the end of the line for Lumia handsets? Looks like it.
The Moto G4, G4 Play, and G4 Plus are a curious expansion to Motorola's budget smartphone line.
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW