It's not out yet, but you'll love what Google's added to the preview version of its next version of its mobile operating system.
Smartphones - News
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
Google's Project Ara modular smartphone is coming to developers at the end of this year, but it's lost a key part of its vision along the way -- total customizability.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
Google’s bringing its entire Android mobile app library to Chromebooks – the company announced today at its annual I/O developer conference, thanks to an innovative system of containerization.
Google has completely redefined what an "app" means, launching Android Instant Apps, which breaks up an app into chunks and allows them to be loaded almost instantly.
Several former Microsoft execs launched a new company that will use Nokia branding for new smartphones and tablets.
Was the Lumia 650 the end of the line for Lumia handsets? Looks like it.
The Moto G4, G4 Play, and G4 Plus are a curious expansion to Motorola's budget smartphone line.
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet bumps up to Android 6.0.1, while the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge score the latest security updates.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
Once a bloated ugly mess, Samsung’s TouchWiz interface now offers innovations that Google ought to borrow.
The Droid line may also ditch all the black and red, opting for splashes of color and a rounded home button.
A new version of the Galaxy S7 looks like it’s wrapping up boot camp and will report for duty shortly.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001VIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW