Palm's answer to the much-celebrated Apple iPhone, the Palm Pre, was released on June 6 via a partnership with Sprint. But it still remains to be seen when a software development kit will be generally available to leverage capabilities in the device.
Optus has announced it will charge its iPhone customers $9.99 a month to enable them to use their phones as 3G modems.
3, formerly, the only Australian telco not to offer the Apple iPhone 3G, has announced that it will be selling the latest iPhone, the iPhone 3G S.
June is always a busy month for new gadgets. The E3 video games show, Taiwan's Computex IT show and Singapore's CommunicAsia all provide a launching pad for new products and other companies are busy preparing new gizmos for the upcoming mid-year holi...
As anticipated, Apple opened the download gate for iPhone OS 3.0 today shortly after 1 p.m. ET, 10 a.m. PT.
A debate is heating up over Apple Inc.'s apparent threat to kill the iTunes sync feature on the new Palm Pre and other non-Apple digital media players.
On the grand launch day of the iPhone 3.0 software update (which is available to iPhone users around the word as I write), some of the tech hotshots have gotten their hands on the brand-new (and yet unreleased) iPhone 3G S.
LG announced the launch of the LG-GD900 Crystal, the world's first transparent phone, and the LG GM730 yesterday at CommunicAsia 2009.
Apple made a thinly-veiled threat yesterday to owners of the Palm Pre, a new rival to the iPhone, that it can throw a "kill switch" at any time to deny them use of iTunes as their syncing software.
Australian consumers are paying less for their phone services, but the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has warned that the current structure of the telecommunications industry will limit future benefits.
RIM's new BlackBerry Tour smartphone adds a crisper screen display and advanced multi-media support, including Apple iTunes synchronization, to lure new users.
Samsung Electronics showed off its upcoming Galaxy smartphone, which runs Google's Android operating system, at the CommunicAsia exhibition in Singapore on Tuesday.
Acer plans to send its three latest smartphones to market in September, with two of the new handsets priced for the recession.
Acer, the world's third largest PC vendor, plans to be among the top five in smartphones within the next few years by creating handsets aimed at people in different market segments and working judiciously on its user interface software.
The "S" in the name of the new iPhone 3G S stands for speed, both in the phone itself and how it's being delivered to some customers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
- Hands on: Microsoft's Surface Book is a stunner as both a tablet and a laptop
- Microsoft to live-stream Tuesday's Surface Pro 4, Lumia event
- What we expect from Microsoft's massive device launch: new Surfaces, Lumias, and Band
- Motorola to drop Moto Assist, Migrate, and Connect in transition to Marshmallow
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW