Sygic has launched the first turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for Android-based smartphones, Mobile Maps 2009.
Smartphones - News
Developers can now start working with the software development kit (SDK) for version 1.6 of Google's mobile operating system Android, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.
Motorola Inc. today announced an industrial-class handheld, the MC9500, that builds on its best-selling MC9000 and includes a new battery management technology and a universal accessory system to organize space for charging cradles, power packs and c...
CitySourced, a startup formed by well-connected political action site FreedomSpeaks.com, will let US citizens use a smartphone like Superman's phone booth and help save the day in their city.
A Motorola executive today disputed the belief of some analysts that last month's Microsoft Corp.-Nokia Corp. agreement to jointly put Microsoft Office applications on Nokia handsets could mean that support for Windows Mobile could end within a coupl...
Builders of the JRuby version of the Ruby programming language are working to enable development of Ruby-based business applications for the Android handheld platform, a leader of the JRuby project said on Monday afternoon.
Commuters in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane may not yet have access to Google Maps' public transport information, but they can now receive free, live traffic updates on their mobile phones. As of this morning, Google Maps will display traffic informa...
A smartphone application coming to the US this fall could help drivers use GPS to detect speed traps, cameras at red lights and more than 200,000 related alerts based on a database of locations compiled with updates from drivers.
Nokia's acquisition of Plum Ventures assets is another milestone in the move on the part of mobile phone vendors to pick up social-network technology as they hunt for new ways to get consumers to buy handsets.
More applications for enterprise users may become available for the iPhone with a new developer tool from Novell.
LG Electronics has joined the ranks of mobile phone makers putting Google's Android mobile operating system into smartphones, unveiling the LG-GW620 on Monday.
Motorola on Thursday announced its first Android smartphone, which will ship in the fourth quarter with T-Mobile USA under the name Cliq.
RealNetworks yesterday launched its Rhapsody music-streaming application for the iPhone and iPod Touch, after what the company said was a "smooth process" of back-and-forth with Apple.
Apple yesterday issued a pair of updates that patched 10 vulnerabilities in its iPhone software and four in its QuickTime player program.
The suspense is finally over: Apple's hotly hyped 09/09/09 event has come and gone, leaving us only with the inevitable task of analysing it till our "i" keys collapse with exhaustion.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTSenior Project AdministratorVIC
- FTSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW