Apple made a thinly-veiled threat yesterday to owners of the Palm Pre, a new rival to the iPhone, that it can throw a "kill switch" at any time to deny them use of iTunes as their syncing software.
Australian consumers are paying less for their phone services, but the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has warned that the current structure of the telecommunications industry will limit future benefits.
RIM's new BlackBerry Tour smartphone adds a crisper screen display and advanced multi-media support, including Apple iTunes synchronization, to lure new users.
Samsung Electronics showed off its upcoming Galaxy smartphone, which runs Google's Android operating system, at the CommunicAsia exhibition in Singapore on Tuesday.
Acer plans to send its three latest smartphones to market in September, with two of the new handsets priced for the recession.
Acer, the world's third largest PC vendor, plans to be among the top five in smartphones within the next few years by creating handsets aimed at people in different market segments and working judiciously on its user interface software.
The "S" in the name of the new iPhone 3G S stands for speed, both in the phone itself and how it's being delivered to some customers.
The BBC could be planning a dedicated Apple iPhone iPlayer using the new features found in Apple's iPhone 3.0 Software Update, according to a BBC Twitter feed.
So-called 'computational knowledge engine' Wolfram Alpha has launched a dedicated mobile page for iPhone and iPod touch users.
Samsung Australia today announced four new mobile phones with full touch-screen capabilities: the Icon series. The phones in the Icon range are the Samsung Preston Icon, the Samsung Galaxy Icon, the Samsung HD Icon and the Samsung Omnia Icon. The fou...
Nokia has announced the Nokia 5530 XpressMusic, a cheaper version of its successful touch phone, the 5800 XpressMusic, it said on Monday.
Google's Android mobile phone software worked well on mini-laptops at the Computex Taipei 2009 electronics show and, backed by the strong Google brand, may be headed for prime time, two Gartner analysts said Monday.
Nokia introduced today the 5530 XpressMusic a follow-up on the company's 5800 device, with a sleeker look but with some scaled-down specs. Aimed at the youth market, the 5530 brings an improved touch interface cased in a steel frame finish.
Several blogs early Monday spilled the details of a refresh to Samsung's line of Omnia handsets. The electronics maker hoped to make a splash at this week's CommunicAsia 2009, which runs from June 16-19 in Singapore, with two Omnia Pro devices: the ...
Nokia has unveiled the E72 - the successor to its popular E71 handset.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Is the smartphone market saturated?
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- Meet Arrow, a new Android launcher from Microsoft's Garage
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Most Android phones can be hacked with a simple MMS message or multimedia file
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW