Not only was there a negative initial reaction to the launch of the latest Windows phones on Wednesday, there were news stories about all the bad reviews.
Smartphones - News
Microsoft has launched the latest version of its operating system for smartphones, Windows Mobile 6.5.
Microsoft smartphone partners are expected to deliver about 30 new Windows Mobile 6.5 devices by the end of 2009, including HTC and Toshiba shown for the first time at a Microsoft Open House in New York City today.
iPhones aren't without their problems, but do they deserve public execution? Apparently so. Donald Goodrich, 38, threatened to stuff his broken iPhone with 9mm bullets at a Cincinnati-area Apple Store before getting arrested for aggravated menacing...
Research In Motion (RIM) will preview on Tuesday technologies enabling application builders to use Web development skills to build programs for the company's BlackBerry smartphone.
With the "Windows phones" being announced Tuesday, Microsoft swallows its pride, confesses the error of its ways, and takes an oath that it will never, ever be irrelevant in the mobile space.
Adobe's decision to give Flash developers a way to craft iPhone applications is an "end-around" Apple's decision to ban Flash Player from its popular smartphone, an analyst said today.
Verizon announced that it is joining the ranks of mobile service providers embracing devices built on the open source Google Android operating system. Landing the largest mobile service provider in the United States is a coup for Android, and proves ...
Are you having problems with your golf swing and can't figure out what the problem is? Fujitsu has a mobile-phone application now in development that can help.
On the day that Microsoft is launching phones that will run on its latest version of Windows Mobile, Motorola is singing the praises of open-source software, specifically Google's Android.
Palm will open its webOS developer program in December and offer developers a choice in how to get their applications to market, the company said Tuesday.
Blackberry users are getting a new digital music store that's often cheaper than iTunes, Amazon, and basically every other competitor in the U.S. How do they do it?
The reviews of Microsoft's new mobile OS, Windows Mobile 6.5, are in -- and none of them are glowing. It seems that Windows Mobile 6.5 is more of a superficial cosmetic overhaul, not a bona fide upgrade capable of handling the mobile market's stiff c...
Yamaha and two partners have developed an iPhone application that lets up to 10 people play a piano at the same time, among other features.
AT&T reversed course today, announcing that it would "take the steps necessary" so iPhone owners could run voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) applications, presumably including Google Voice and Skype.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Support EngineerQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW