Commuters in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane may not yet have access to Google Maps' public transport information, but they can now receive free, live traffic updates on their mobile phones. As of this morning, Google Maps will display traffic informa...
A smartphone application coming to the US this fall could help drivers use GPS to detect speed traps, cameras at red lights and more than 200,000 related alerts based on a database of locations compiled with updates from drivers.
Nokia's acquisition of Plum Ventures assets is another milestone in the move on the part of mobile phone vendors to pick up social-network technology as they hunt for new ways to get consumers to buy handsets.
More applications for enterprise users may become available for the iPhone with a new developer tool from Novell.
LG Electronics has joined the ranks of mobile phone makers putting Google's Android mobile operating system into smartphones, unveiling the LG-GW620 on Monday.
Motorola on Thursday announced its first Android smartphone, which will ship in the fourth quarter with T-Mobile USA under the name Cliq.
RealNetworks yesterday launched its Rhapsody music-streaming application for the iPhone and iPod Touch, after what the company said was a "smooth process" of back-and-forth with Apple.
Apple yesterday issued a pair of updates that patched 10 vulnerabilities in its iPhone software and four in its QuickTime player program.
The suspense is finally over: Apple's hotly hyped 09/09/09 event has come and gone, leaving us only with the inevitable task of analysing it till our "i" keys collapse with exhaustion.
Buried amid today's announcement of the new Palm Pixi smartphone was the news that the price of the Palm Pre smartphone will drop to $150, down from $200, after rebates.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs today took the stage at a company event for the first time since October 2008 to introduce new iPhone software, a revamped iTunes, reduced iPod Touch prices and a video camera slipped into the iPod nano.
Palm Inc. and Sprint Nextel Inc. formally announced the second WebOS smartphone today, the Palm Pixi, and said it will be available in the US from Sprint before the Christmas holidays.
It's not new to hear gripes that the iPhone's App Store review system is broken, but two recent incidents illustrate just how troublesome the user-powered system can be.
High Tech Computer (HTC) gave its latest smartphone a name it can live up to, Tattoo, because people who buy it will be invited to design their own personal skin for the phone.
Sprint has pulled a $US100 service credit for new Palm Pre buyers just hours after it made the offer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple could stick a Digital Crown on the iPhone
- Blackberry announces DETK50, a secure US$299 Android phone
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC