New competition in the smartphone market - and not just from Research In Motion - spurred the agreement between Nokia and Microsoft.
As smartphones become more popular, they're going to get some unwanted attention from criminals, Google's head of Android security said Wednesday.
Microsoft is using its newly formed alliance with Nokia not to bolster its mobile efforts but to help fuel expansion of its cloud, collaboration, real-time communications and management strategies.
The iPhone continued to shine as the sales of smartphones to end users grew by 27 percent during the second quarter compared to the same period last year, according to Gartner.
Microsoft and Nokia are working together to put a version of Microsoft's Office productivity applications on Nokia handsets, the companies said Wednesday.
The Microsoft-Nokia alliance plan to put Office applications on Nokia smartphones isn't a good sign for the Windows Mobile operating system.
There have been tweets from the Tour de France, Twittering from the White House and even tweets from outer space.
Microsoft and Nokia are set to unveil an alliance on Wednesday that will likely reveal a plan to deliver Microsoft's Office applications on Nokia handsets.
Samsung Electronics on Monday joined with network operator Taiwan Mobile to try to steal the spotlight from rival High Tech computer (HTC) by launching a handset with Google's Android mobile software, the Samsung i7500, in Taiwan.
Despite recent drama, Google Voice will soon be available for iPhone -- as a Web-based app, says The New York Times.
Apple booted another popular app today from its iPhone App Store and it appears it did the right thing.
Sprint's US launch of the new Samsung Reclaim, an environmentally friendly <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/125397/top_10_cell_phones.html">smartphone</a> that's 80-percent recyclable, is getting plenty of media buzz. And while the Reclaim is...
Remember that old saying the customer is always right? Well, in the future that saying might be "the customer is always right, unless their iPhone says otherwise." A patent filed by Apple has been uncovered for a "customer abuse detection system" t...
Apple iPhone owners are more likely to purchase games to play on their handset, compared to other mobile phone users, says Distimo.
Another day, yet another odd application found in the iTunes</a> App store. 'Poop The World</a>' from SWS Digital allows users to track their bowel movements and share them with the world, all in real-time.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- LG G5 to debut on February 21, going head-to-head with Galaxy S7
- As 5G approaches, 3G and 4G are still getting faster
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA