Optus has become the first telco in Australia to release its own mobile applications store, targeting non-iPhone devices. Apple, Google, Microsoft and Nokia have all launched mobile app stores accessible to Australian users.
Smartphones - News
In a surprising move, Dell said Friday it will sell its first-ever smartphone in Brazil and China, which should land on shelves as soon as the end of this month. The device, called the Mini 3, will run the Android operating system, an open-source mob...
Apple may be feeling the Android heat. The company has changed the way it deals with iPhone app developers letting them now keep closer tabs on how their software is proceeding through Apple's strict App Store review process. Many see the move as yet...
Despite worldwide economic woes, smartphone sales to end users grew by 13% in the third quarter over the year-earlier period, pushing the overall mobile phone market to grow slightly in the period, Gartner Inc. said today.
Fujitsu is breaking new ground in the cell phone market with the imminent introduction of a cell phone that splits into two parts.
Sales of smartphones running the Window Mobile operating system declined 20% in the third quarter at the same time that total smartphone sales surged 13%, according to an analysis of newly released sales data from Gartner.
Californian mobile accessories company AliphCom today launched its range of Bluetooth headsets in Australia -- the flagship Jawbone Prime and Jawbone 2.
Late last week, an Australian hacker dubbed ikee deployed the Rickrolling worm - a harmless and humorous worm that installs a picture of 80s one hit wonder Rick Astley to affected users' home screens. Rickrolling serves not so much as malware but as ...
Optus has become the first telco in Australia to release a BlackBerry smartphone on a prepaid mobile phone plan.
Google has added new features to its Latitude location mapping and tracking service, allowing users to see where they have been and automatically be alerted (warned?) when friends are nearby.
Another piece of dangerous code that attacks iPhones has been found, although it puts at risk only a very small subset of the smartphone's users.
By the end of 2009 the world's mobile handset accessories market will have chalked up a value of nearly $55 billion. That represents a small decrease from the 2008 figure, surprising only in that the decline hasn't been larger.
Apple surpassed Nokia in the third quarter of 2009 as the mobile phone maker with the highest operating profit.
In just four days, not one but two worms targeting the iPhone have emerged. Both of the worms target the same vulnerability, a default password in the SSH server that is installed on jail-broken iPhones. While one worm is a mostly a nuisance, the sec...
Hackers are plundering personal data from jailbroken iPhones using the tactic demonstrated last week by an Australian programmer's self-described "prank," researchers said today.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
- Android malware steals access to more than 1 million Google accounts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongACT
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystWA
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst --Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC