Apparently, Apple isn't taking this whole iPhone jailbreaking hooplah too lightly. Last week, Apple began shipping 3GS iPhones with an updated bootrom (iBoot-359.3.2) that effectively blocks the current 24kpwn jailbreak exploit.
Rumors are swirling that Verizon and Research in Motion could officially release the sequel to the BlackBerry Storm this week with its trademark "clickable" touchscreen still intact.
In an updated forecast on how smartphone operating systems will fare in 2012, Gartner Inc. has moved the Apple iPhone OS to fourth place, slightly behind the BlackBerry OS.
There are boatloads ofdumb iPhone apps, but some are so idiotic they boggle the mind. Enter the Viper SmartStart iPhone app, which remotely locks, unlocks, and starts your car. So the next time you're casually mugging an iPhone user, be sure to check...
Apple's "no refunds" policy for iPhone App Store purchase is both not as bad--and worse--than it sounds. Readers say Apple occasionally gives refunds, but also complain that Apple's own updates break apps for which no refunds are given.
The relationship between T-Mobile and Danger's Sidekick service is no longer a doe-eyed love affair thanks to the epic failure of the Danger servers and loss of data for thousands of customers. As the company that markets and distributes the Sidekick...
Australian smartphone shipments rose 29 per cent year-on-year in the first half of 2009, with sales of "data-centric" smartphones exceeding those of voice-centric handsets for the first time, according IDC research.
The loss of personal data that Sidekick users in the U.S. have suffered is a shame, but it also shows how important data stored on mobile phones has become.
Fast food giant Pizza Hut today announced it will launch an iPhone app and 3G mobile phone ordering service in Australia.
Choosing and buying clothes via a mobile phone is getting easier in Japan with the launch of a new service that allows shoppers to simulate an outfit before they buy.
The 'geniuses' at the Apple Store in Vermont have probably run into all sorts of excuses for broken iPhones, but they just didn't believe Kris Rowley. "A bear ate my iPhone," she told them.
Microsoft plans to replicate some processes from the PC industry to try to boost its performance in the mobile market and expects to see a growing number of applications in its new Marketplace, an executive said this week.
The number of visitors to Ceatec, Japan's largest consumer electronics exhibition, fell by roughly a quarter compared to last year, organizers said on Sunday.
Researchers at the Open Source Computer Emergency Response Team (oCERT) disclosed two denial-of-service vulnerabilities in Google Inc.'s Android 1.5 mobile phone platform, both of which have already been patched by the vendor.
Contacts, calendar entries, photographs and other personal information of Sidekick users has almost certainly been lost for good following a service disruption at Sidekick provider Danger, the Microsoft subsidiary said on Saturday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC