BlackBerry plans to lay off an unspecified number of staff in its devices unit, as it attempts to make that business profitable, while expanding in other areas.
A look ahead to this week's Big Google Thing in San Francisco on May 28 and 29.
China’s Oppo is not resting on its laurels with the unveiling of its R7 series yesterday in Beijing. The smartphone benefits from a maturing set of technologies and will compete against LG’s G4 flagship when it is released later this year.
A mysterious Apple smartphone posted to the company’s official website has the Internet convinced it could be the successor to the iPhone 5C.
LG has commenced a global roll out of its flagship G4 smartphone, but Australia will have to wait until the second half of 2015 before its local release.
Upon learning of Reddit's plan to change its rules to prohibit harassment and make the site friendlier, some users reacted with resentment and confusion.
Vodafone is adding three 4G smartphones to its introductory plans in an effort to drive Internet traffic on its network.
Optus and Vodafone spokespeople confirmed to Good Gear Guide support for Wi-Fi Calling in Australia is coming, with Optus expected to make the announcement soon in “mid-2015”
Telstra is fending off competition from Optus with the introduction of Internet sharing plans and bundled content packages.
Following the global no-show of Sony’s Z4 flagship is the global unveiling of the Xperia C4, a phablet lacking in tough credentials, but one versed in the art of the ‘selfie’.
Ambitious LG is aiming to follow the success of last year’s G3 with its 2015 flagship, the G4. Improvements have been made across the board to the display, cameras, the processor and the design.
OnePlus has abandoned its inviteonly ordering system for its One smartphone up until it launches its successor, the announced OnePlus 2.
A plan by Qualcomm to get Samsung Electronics to make its Snapdragon 820 chip could lead to faster smartphones, offering longer battery life by early next year.
Microsoft will open its first retail flagship store outside of the US in Sydney as it competes against the shop presences of Apple and Samsung
Following lavish global launches from Samsung and HTC comes the quiet unveiling of Sony’s Xperia Z4 flagship in its home country of Japan.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- iPhone 7 rumour rollup: Apple's just going to have all the money, production revs up
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Oppo breaks into 397 Dick Smith retail stores
- How to stop Apple Music from automatically renewing your membership
- HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW