Smartphones are among employees' favorite playthings, but keeping workplace toys like the iPhone in good order is a real job in the enterprise, and those that do it say it's tough to find suitable security and management software.
Google officially introduced its new "Instant" search for desktop search at an event today in San Francisco, but I couldn't help looking forward a little bit toward using Instant on a mobile device. Google already has a prototype, and says the new fu...
Arm Holdings has taken the wraps off its next major chip design, promising a five-fold increase in performance that the company hopes will take it beyond smartphones and into new types of equipment such as high-performance routers and servers.
Apple released version 4.1 of iOS, its mobile operating system, promising several new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements for users of the iPhone and iPod Touch. iOS 4.1 offers access to Game Center, FaceTime calling from the iPhone app...
Apple has revealed that the iOS 4.1 update will be launched tomorrow.
The Samsung Fascinate smartphone goes on sale online Wednesday for $US199.99 after rebate and will be in Verizon Wireless stores on Thursday.
An upcoming Android-powered phone from HTC and Verizon will support both CDMA and GSM, according to documents leaked in the past few days by the Federal Communications Commission.
As expected, Apple today released the iOS 4.1 update for its iPhone and iPod Touch.
As mobile service providers compete for the data market in Africa, manufacturers are scrambling for deals to supply data-enabled handsets, a move that will likely reduce the cost of mobile devices in the region.
Samsung announced that it is entering the arena for dual-core mobile processors. Joining rival platforms like the Qualcomm Snapdragon and the Tegra 2, Samsung will soon have a dual-core A9 processor--codenamed "Orion"--available for smartphones and t...
Business and consumer demand for smartphones is growing rapidly, but no single mobile operating system will rule the market in the way that Windows dominates personal computers.
LG Electronics on Tuesday announced a new series of smartphones with next-generation dual-core processors, which should provide a big leap in performance while maintaining device battery life.
Samsung has announced a dual-core application processor for tablets PCs, netbooks and smartphones that will be able to handle 1080p video playback and recording, the company said on Tuesday.
Google's Android mobile operating system proved a formidable rival to the wildly popular iPhone in a recent real-world test.
Look out Google, you may have a new, unlikely challenger.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW