LG Australia has announced two new mid-range Android smartphones -- the Optimus One and Optimus Chic -- and both run the latest 2.2 "Froyo" version of Google's Android operating system.
A client-server infrastructure for enterprise mobile applications has been expanded to include Apple's iOS and, most recently, Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS.
Nokia today confirmed that Chairman Jorma Ollila plans to resign in 2012, marking more sweeping changes as the company tries to win back leadership of a complex market with new smartphones.
Nokia wants to "re-enter" the U.S. market and is developing smartphones for U.S. consumers, but the phone maker won't be building more CDMA-based phones, which run on half the nation's wireless networks, Nokia's global head of sales said Tuesday.
Google has released a breakdown of Android releases running on active smartphones, tablets and other devices and the results show that the latest versions are taking off along with Android itself.
There's mounting evidence that smartphones and mobile devices are increasing the use of social networks and microblogging sites.
Researchers at Fujitsu Laboratories have developed a wireless charging system that they say can simultaneously charge a variety of portable gadgets over a distance of several centimeters without the need for cables.
ARM announced its next-generation processor, the Cortex A15. Just days after Samsung revealed plans for a dual-core Cortex A9, the 2.5Ghz quad-core A15 steals the thunder and ups the ante for mobile computing power.
Here's more evidence of Android's meteoritic rise to the top. According to market researcher Gartner, Google's fledgling open-source mobile operating system, barely a blip on the wireless radar a year ago, will grab the No. 2 spot in global market s...
Yesterday, Apple released a statement highlighting significant changes to their iOS Developer Program license, re-opening the platform to third-party development tools such as Adobe Flash. Additionally, Apple posted their full App Store review guidel...
The Android will edge out Research In Motion's BlackBerry and Apple's iOS for all of 2010 to become the second best-selling mobile operating system globally behind Nokia's Symbian, according to market research firm Gartner.
The big iOS-related news from Apple this week was the release of iOS 4.1, an update that included fixes for common bugs in the initial iOS 4 release for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It also introduced FaceTime for the fourth-generation iPod Touch, whic...
Nokia has named Stephen Elop, former president of Microsoft's business software group, to become its new CEO effective from later this month.
Hiring an American CEO isn't all Nokia has to do if it wants to succeed in the U.S., mobile industry analysts said on Friday.
This week, research firm Gartner announced that by year's end Google's Android will rocket past both Apple's iOS and Research in Motion's Blackberry in popularity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC