Google's Dalvik virtual machine, which runs Java applications in Android phones, is under fire again, this time in a lawsuit filed by Gemalto.
Smartphones - News
VoIP and IP service provider MyNetFone (ASX:MNF) is rolling out mobile VoIP services for the iPhone, Android and Symbian operating systems.
Apps that range from frightening to frighteningly useless
With upgrades to its Flash Builder, Flex, and AIR application development technologies Monday, Adobe Systems is taking a decidedly mobile bent.
Call 2010 the year of the smartphone and mobile software. Phones like the Motorola Droid X, the HTC Incredible, and the Apple iPhone 4 -- and the many creative apps we liked this year -- made this the largest category of products in the PCWorld 100.
In the race for worldwide smartphone dominance, Apple has finally passed Research In Motion. During this year's third quarter, 15.4 million iPhones were shipped globally compared to only 12.4 million Blackberries, the researchers at Strategy Analytic...
Microsoft's release of Windows Phone 7 brings updated mobile-formatted Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs, and OneNote Mobile, to your fingertips. The touchscreen-friendly revamp of Office Mobile is radically different from version 6.5. And files a...
In a bid to set itself apart from the smartphone competition, Lumigon, a small Danish manufacturer that has never launched a product, is aiming to ship this quarter an Android-based phone with amplification technology from Bang & Olufsen and an FM tr...
You're probably used to pressing PrintScreen (Windows) or Command-Shift-3 (Mac OS X) to capture occasional computer screenshots. But the operation is not so easy on an Android phone. What if you want to taunt a friend with proof of an online game vic...
Dell will push Google's Android 2.2 OS to its Streak handheld devices in a matter of "weeks," a company executive said this week.
The iPhone and Google Android devices had a few years to refine their user interface and features, which gave them plenty of time to get ahead of Microsoft's ailing Windows Mobile OS. But in a swift turn of events, Microsoft came up with a totally ne...
Dell is developing a tablet with a 10-inch screen that will be released next year as it tries to expand its presence in the handheld market, the company said Thursday.
Nokia is changing the way it updates smartphones based on the latest version of Symbian. Instead of receiving big upgrades, the products will be upgraded on a more continual, incremental basis, Nokia said on Thursday.
It takes about an hour to lure the stray dog into a steel cage with food. During that time, Sean McCormack, a co-founder of the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Taiwan, sits taking pictures and video with his HTC smartphone.
Good writers borrow, great writers steal, or so the saying goes. Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 (WP7) operating system borrows heavily from Apple's iOS and Google's Android but then takes the interface and navigation in an intriguing new direction, ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW