Google has expanded the number of countries where paid applications are offered on Android Market. Developers in 20 more countries will be able to sell their applications, and users in 18 additional countries will be able to purchase those apps, the ...
Hardware and software enhancements could transform future smartphones into full-fledged gaming consoles or even weather stations, attendees at a processor conference said this week.
Search giant Google has bowed to developer demand and started allowing Australians to sell software through its mobile applications market.
One year ago, if you told an average person you were thinking about buying an Android, they'd have thought you were some sort of robot-mongering madman.
Online banking is about to get even more convenient for PayPal users who will soon be able to deposit checks via their iPhone. Simply sign the back of your check, take a picture of the front and back of the check, and hit send on the PayPal iPhone Ap...
Nokia announced that its highly anticipated N8 smartphone started shipping this week, amid reports last week of delays in shipping the device to those who preordered the phone. The N8 is Nokia's latest attempt to regain its share of the smartphone ma...
The Web page once reserved for Google's Nexus One phone is now a monument to Android phones in general -- or at least the ones Google likes best.
Nokia announced that the highly-anticipated N8 smartphone is now shipping -- although it reportedly won't arrive in the United States for another four weeks. The N8 has some impressive features, but the question is whether or not the smartphone is im...
Network management vendor William Data Systems says it has created an iPhone app that lets users manage IBM's z/OS mainframe environment.
Apple's rollout of the iPhone 4 in June temporarily slowed down demand for Google Android smartphones, but a new study shows consumers are again very hungry for Android devices.
Worried your Android apps are spying on you? You should be, according to a recent study that found several popular Android Apps regularly share your location and critical phone data such as your phone number with advertisers and others. Researchers...
Microsoft may be one of the only remaining mobile operating-system providers that charges handset makers a licensing fee, but in exchange vendors get at least one important benefit: protection from intellectual property worries.
Acknowledging Microsoft's current, non-contending status in the smartphone space, a Microsoft official Thursday stressed that the new Windows Phone 7 platform would get the company back into the race.
The first units of Nokia's N8 have left factories in China and Finland, and the smartphone will become broadly available in the coming weeks, the company said on Thursday.
A free Android application to be unveiled on Thursday at the Mobilize conference in San Francisco will let mobile phone users send and receive text messages without touching or looking at the phone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW