In the race for worldwide smartphone dominance, Apple has finally passed Research In Motion. During this year's third quarter, 15.4 million iPhones were shipped globally compared to only 12.4 million Blackberries, the researchers at Strategy Analytic...
Smartphones - News
Microsoft's release of Windows Phone 7 brings updated mobile-formatted Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs, and OneNote Mobile, to your fingertips. The touchscreen-friendly revamp of Office Mobile is radically different from version 6.5. And files a...
In a bid to set itself apart from the smartphone competition, Lumigon, a small Danish manufacturer that has never launched a product, is aiming to ship this quarter an Android-based phone with amplification technology from Bang & Olufsen and an FM tr...
You're probably used to pressing PrintScreen (Windows) or Command-Shift-3 (Mac OS X) to capture occasional computer screenshots. But the operation is not so easy on an Android phone. What if you want to taunt a friend with proof of an online game vic...
Dell will push Google's Android 2.2 OS to its Streak handheld devices in a matter of "weeks," a company executive said this week.
The iPhone and Google Android devices had a few years to refine their user interface and features, which gave them plenty of time to get ahead of Microsoft's ailing Windows Mobile OS. But in a swift turn of events, Microsoft came up with a totally ne...
Dell is developing a tablet with a 10-inch screen that will be released next year as it tries to expand its presence in the handheld market, the company said Thursday.
Nokia is changing the way it updates smartphones based on the latest version of Symbian. Instead of receiving big upgrades, the products will be upgraded on a more continual, incremental basis, Nokia said on Thursday.
It takes about an hour to lure the stray dog into a steel cage with food. During that time, Sean McCormack, a co-founder of the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Taiwan, sits taking pictures and video with his HTC smartphone.
Good writers borrow, great writers steal, or so the saying goes. Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 (WP7) operating system borrows heavily from Apple's iOS and Google's Android but then takes the interface and navigation in an intriguing new direction, ...
Apple's Back to the Mac event yesterday was preceded by plenty of speculation. Some of it was dead on -- such as predictions of revamped MacBook Air models -- while some of it missed the mark a bit: Apple didn't unveil a touch-screen iMac (in fact, C...
Nokia will start shipping its first product based on the MeeGo operating system in 2011, new CEO Stephen Elop confirmed during a conference call on Thursday.
Sony is considering employing Google's Android operating system in more consumer electronics devices, it said Thursday, shortly after launching its first televisions using the software.
To compete with Apple's iPhone and the Android army, Microsoft needed to pull out all the stops to sell Windows Phone 7 to the masses. Windows Mobile has a miserable reputation as being not user-friendly and slow. Throw in the Microsoft Kin failure, ...
You'd think grown men would have better things to do than squabble like rabid squirrels fighting over a Brazil nut. But when it comes to the future of mobile computing, there is no such thing as fighting dirty. And more and more often, it all starts ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionNSW
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)NSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW