The iPhone and Google Android devices had a few years to refine their user interface and features, which gave them plenty of time to get ahead of Microsoft's ailing Windows Mobile OS. But in a swift turn of events, Microsoft came up with a totally ne...
Dell is developing a tablet with a 10-inch screen that will be released next year as it tries to expand its presence in the handheld market, the company said Thursday.
Nokia is changing the way it updates smartphones based on the latest version of Symbian. Instead of receiving big upgrades, the products will be upgraded on a more continual, incremental basis, Nokia said on Thursday.
It takes about an hour to lure the stray dog into a steel cage with food. During that time, Sean McCormack, a co-founder of the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Taiwan, sits taking pictures and video with his HTC smartphone.
Good writers borrow, great writers steal, or so the saying goes. Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 (WP7) operating system borrows heavily from Apple's iOS and Google's Android but then takes the interface and navigation in an intriguing new direction, ...
Apple's Back to the Mac event yesterday was preceded by plenty of speculation. Some of it was dead on -- such as predictions of revamped MacBook Air models -- while some of it missed the mark a bit: Apple didn't unveil a touch-screen iMac (in fact, C...
Nokia will start shipping its first product based on the MeeGo operating system in 2011, new CEO Stephen Elop confirmed during a conference call on Thursday.
Sony is considering employing Google's Android operating system in more consumer electronics devices, it said Thursday, shortly after launching its first televisions using the software.
To compete with Apple's iPhone and the Android army, Microsoft needed to pull out all the stops to sell Windows Phone 7 to the masses. Windows Mobile has a miserable reputation as being not user-friendly and slow. Throw in the Microsoft Kin failure, ...
You'd think grown men would have better things to do than squabble like rabid squirrels fighting over a Brazil nut. But when it comes to the future of mobile computing, there is no such thing as fighting dirty. And more and more often, it all starts ...
Mobile telco VHA has unveiled a giant expansion of its consolidated 3G mobile network, including the construction of a new network using the same 850MHz spectrum that Telstra has made popular with its rival Next G offering.
Optus will be the first telco in Australia to sell RIM's BlackBerry Torch smartphone -- the first BlackBerry to feature both a touchscreen and a physical QWERTY keyboard -- RIM announced yesterday.
Rumors say a Verizon-bound iPhone will be out in January, and that prototypes are out there in the wild. That's pretty much like Loch Ness monster stories, a story rumored to oblivion for years, but never came to fruition. That's unless a photo set f...
Mere months after the launch of Android 2.2, discussions about the impending release of Android 3.0, or "Gingerbread," are gushing. Android 3.0 is rumored to be released sometime in the next few weeks, and will be a significant overhaul of Google's m...
How secure is banking on your iPhone? How sure are you that those app developers have plugged those security holes? So far, there isn’t much malicious code out there targeted at smartphones, but that soon may change as smartphone sales surpass those ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel image leaked, revealing new home screen and rounded icons
- iOS 10 slower off the uptake mark
- Hands-on: Google Assistant's Allo chatbot outdoes Cortana, Siri as your digital pal
- HTC announces the Desire 10 Pro and Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphones
- Report: Samsung's overzealous efforts to beat Apple lead to battery woes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia