Three major handset manufacturers this morning revealed plans to release new devices based on Microsoft's next-generation Windows Phone 7 smartphone operating system into the Australian market over the next few months through partnerships with Telstr...
Microsoft announced the Windows Phone 7 OS for handheld devices on Monday, taking a step forward in the company's efforts to strengthen its position in the still-growing smartphone market. CEO Steve Ballmer unveiled the first phones to run the OS, an...
Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer officially launched the Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system Monday and announced nine new phones and partnerships with wireless carriers. It's a landmark moment for Microsoft that needs to prove its Windows-centric p...
New figures from Good Technology show that Apple's iOS is dominating mobile platform adoption for business use -- accounting for as many new activations as Android, Windows Mobile, and WebOS combined. However, as competition continues to get more int...
No matter what Microsoft reveals at its Windows Phone 7 event, the company faces some huge hurdles in the race to create a popular smartphone platform. The major problem for Windows Phone 7 is that it's three years late to the party thrown by Apple, ...
LG has announced its first cell phone based on Windows Phone 7, Microsoft's new handset operating system.
Samsung Electronics became the second mobile phone maker after rival LG Electronics to leak a new Windows Phone 7 smartphone, the Omia 7, model GT-I8700.
NEW YORK CITY -- Some third-party developers have been unhappy with Microsoft for complicating the ways they can port apps from Windows Mobile to the new Windows Phone 7 (WP7).
After attending Microsoft's announcement of its new Windows Phone 7 OS and looking at the three new AT&T phones it had on display, I'm putting my money on the Samsung Focus as the hottest new Windows Phone 7 smartphone of the group.
Two years ago, HTC delivered the first smartphone to use Google's Android mobile phone software, the G1. On Monday, the Taiwanese company unveiled five smartphones with Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 operating system and these phones will be availab...
Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC will soon launch the HTC HD7, a handset with a 4.3-inch touchscreen that uses Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 operating system (OS).
When Windows Phone 7 launches on Monday it may offer a host of cool games thanks to Xbox LIVE integration, but Rovio Mobile's Angry Birds isn't one of them. That fact didn't stop Microsoft from borrowing the familiar fuming birds to promote Phone 7 ...
There are just hours to go before Microsoft launches the first round of Windows Phone 7 devices Monday and anticipation is mounting. In a run-up to the Microsoft launch the software giant may have already leaked the official availability date for Win...
Pioneer is developing a head-up display for cars that links in with the navigation function available on many modern smartphones. A prototype of the device is on show this week at Japan's Ceatec electronics show, and the company said it hopes to have...
Apple is reportedly working behind the scenes to address scratching and cracking of the iPhone’s glass back panel by certain third-party cases.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
- Nokia-branded Android phones will return to the market
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW