iPad and iPhone apps are all the rage amongst Australia’s largest banks — but Westpac subsidiary, St George, has bucked the trend by launching what it claims is the first mobile banking application in Australia to focus on the emerging Android platfo...
Smartphones - News
Facebook is stepping up its mobile game with the launch of location-based services that both ease the pain of the mobile log-in process and allow your neighborhood store to shoot you coupons directly to your phone as you walk by.
Apple has not proved that rival phone maker Nokia infringed Apple patents, the staff of the U.S. International Trade Commission said in a pre-trial memo last week.
If you were one of the many people hoping for a Facebook phone, sorry. That's not happening.
Lookout Mobile Security has created a paid client application that makes use of the vendor's cloud-based service to secure Android smartphones. Lookout Premium adds new features for greater privacy, remote lock, remote wipe, and enhances its cloud-ba...
Pre-orders for Windows Phone 7 handsets in some European markets have already sold out, according to some news reports. The issue seems to be the collision of high consumer interest with small inventories, at least of some of the new phones.
Two years ago almost nobody had heard of Android. Now it's nearly ubiquitous among smartphone users, and it's on track to become the most popular mobile operating system in the United States. When it comes to business use, though, Android still has s...
Microsoft claims its Windows Phone 7 (WP7) smartphones help users get more done in fewer steps than do rival phones.
As the CEOs from Google, Microsoft, Nokia and Research In Motion (RIM) get set to take the stage at Mobile World Congress in February, the mobile OSes war looks set to get even tougher.
The Symbian Foundation, which recently lost its respected executive director and the backing of two major phone makers, is getting a much-needed boost through a European Commission-sponsored project.
The iPhone leads the pack when it comes to using the Web over mobile devices, according to a new study released today by Informa Telecoms &amp; Media.
According to data released by Google Tuesday, 36 per cent of Android users are running the 2.2 (Froyo) version of the mobile operating system while 41 per cent are running the 2.1 (Éclair) version of the software. Earlier versions of Android, such a...
The shiny new iOS 4.2 Golden Master was seeded to developers yesterday.
The Android army may soon claim Research In Motion's BlackBerry as its first victim in the smartphone war.
The HTC Desire was launched recently at a late afternoon BBQ event at Star City’s Astral restaurant. In September, Vodafone Hutchinson Australia (VHA), the umbrella company for Vodafone and 3 retail franchises, revealed it had nabbed exclusive rig...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
- Android malware steals access to more than 1 million Google accounts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Java Developer/ WCEM ConsultantACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTSecurity LeadWA
- CCIdentity and Access Management SMENSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW