Microsoft sued Motorola on Tuesday in a Washington court, alleging that Motorola is refusing to license patents on a reasonable basis, as it promised during standards-setting processes.
Smartphones - News
If you’ve found yourself playing catch-up on Google Android, here’s a selection of resources from Network World and our sister publications to get you up to speed quickly.
Samsung has sold three million Galaxy S series smartphones in the United States since the phones were introduced in July, according to a Reuters report. The company adopted a multicarrier strategy and has slight variations of the phone on all four ma...
A security researcher is asserting that Apple has made a poor security decision by allowing its Safari browser to honor requests from third-party applications to perform actions such as making a phone call without warning a user.
Opera Software has released its Mobile 10.1 beta for Android, joining the battle for browser supremacy on Android-based smartphones.
The other night, I was using the Netflix app on my iPhone 4 and had a shocking revelation: this is one of the worst designed, "professional" apps I've ever seen. Yes, I can stream video over 3G. I can search for movies and manage my queue. In most ar...
As the first U.S. Windows Phone 7 handsets go on sale Monday, Nov. 8, Microsoft shrewdly has created an application environment that will make the phones instantly useable for many of the e-mail, social networking, photo, video and work tasks people ...
As expected, Windows Phone 7 doesn't have a lot of apps at launch, but new data suggests the count is growing quickly.
Many businesses will not be able to support Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 operating system, which began shipping in the U.S. today. Like the competing Google Android, Windows Phone 7 does not support on-device encryption to protect data stored on it. M...
As of today, the first of the Windows Phone 7 smartphones are available from T-Mobile and AT&T. The launch of Windows Phone 7 is the result of a complete reboot of Microsoft's mobile OS and kicks off its attempt to regain relevance in the very co...
We've selected the most informative apps for [[xref:http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?ReviewID=104784|Google Android|Google Android review - PC Advisor]], [[xref:http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/blackberry/|BlackBerry|PC Advisor]] and [[xref:htt...
It's easy to forget that not so long ago, no one was sure if Android would ever be relevant.
Nokia is taking over the development of the Symbian smartphone OS, and is still committed to the platform, the company said on Monday.
Evernote, the application that allows users to capture almost any digital information and access it from any of their devices, will launch a new version of its app for Android phones on Monday.
The latest Firefox 4 Mobile beta for Android and Maemo promises more speed and a fresher look, but it's still not ready to replace the default browser.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung details 8-point battery safety check for all new devices
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW