Nokia will start shipping its first product based on the MeeGo operating system in 2011, new CEO Stephen Elop confirmed during a conference call on Thursday.
Sony is considering employing Google's Android operating system in more consumer electronics devices, it said Thursday, shortly after launching its first televisions using the software.
To compete with Apple's iPhone and the Android army, Microsoft needed to pull out all the stops to sell Windows Phone 7 to the masses. Windows Mobile has a miserable reputation as being not user-friendly and slow. Throw in the Microsoft Kin failure, ...
You'd think grown men would have better things to do than squabble like rabid squirrels fighting over a Brazil nut. But when it comes to the future of mobile computing, there is no such thing as fighting dirty. And more and more often, it all starts ...
Mobile telco VHA has unveiled a giant expansion of its consolidated 3G mobile network, including the construction of a new network using the same 850MHz spectrum that Telstra has made popular with its rival Next G offering.
Optus will be the first telco in Australia to sell RIM's BlackBerry Torch smartphone -- the first BlackBerry to feature both a touchscreen and a physical QWERTY keyboard -- RIM announced yesterday.
Rumors say a Verizon-bound iPhone will be out in January, and that prototypes are out there in the wild. That's pretty much like Loch Ness monster stories, a story rumored to oblivion for years, but never came to fruition. That's unless a photo set f...
Mere months after the launch of Android 2.2, discussions about the impending release of Android 3.0, or "Gingerbread," are gushing. Android 3.0 is rumored to be released sometime in the next few weeks, and will be a significant overhaul of Google's m...
How secure is banking on your iPhone? How sure are you that those app developers have plugged those security holes? So far, there isn’t much malicious code out there targeted at smartphones, but that soon may change as smartphone sales surpass those ...
Windows Phone 7's splashy launch last week in New York City showcased impressive hardware from the likes of Dell, HTC, LG, and Samsung, and gave us a closer look at the brand-new operating system. Afterward, I was left with some questions and doubts,...
In the world of Apple, 2010 has been the year of mobile. The iPad has become such a household name it's amazing that it was only first announced 10 months ago. It's hard to imagine using an iOS device now without multitasking. And let's not forget ab...
Research In Motion co-CEO Jim Balsillie has accused Apple of creating a "distortion field" and spreading half-truths, but he predicted that even Apple fans will soon grow tired of its stories.
Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday announced the next-generation Palm OS, calling webOS 2.0 the "most significant upgrade" since the mobile platform was introduced in 2009.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs yesterday took shots at Google and dismissed iPad wannabes as "dead on arrival" during his company's earnings call with Wall Street analysts.
Finnish mobile phone giant Nokia this morning revealed it would sell its flagship N8 handset through all of Australia's three major mobile telcos -- Telstra, Optus and VHA -- for $749 up-front from 1 November.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Blackberry announces DETK50, a secure US$299 Android phone
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA