Borrowing the classic Marlon Brando line from the movie On the Waterfront, Microsoft "coulda been a contender." The problem is that Microsoft has made a number of mistakes and omissions with the highly-anticipated Windows Phone 7 platform that greatl...
Smartphones - News
Dell's Streak will soon be powered by Froyo! Dell announced that Froyo will begin rolling out Froyo to its half-tablet-half-smartphone Streak by the end of the month. The 5-inch smartphone-tablet crossover launched this summer, and originally shipped...
Samsung's Galaxy Tab has only been out a few days in the United States, but already the benefits of its open source roots are becoming evident. Specifically, Samsung has released the open source portions of the software code used to run the device, o...
Android phones can do more than just answer calls and take pictures. Like digital Swiss army knives, they concentrate a lot of utilities into a compact, pocket-size device. Straight out of the box, your Android phone is a still and video camera, an a...
The Apple iPhone is a love-it-or-hate-it kind of device. The people who won't buy one love to talk about how much they hate it. And although some iPhone fanboys won't admit to a problem, other people who love it (including me) often find themselves c...
After sitting on the sidelines watching iPhone and iPod Touch owners enjoy the virtues of iOS 4.0 for the past few months, iPad owners have been anxiously counting the days until iOS 4.2 will be released for the tablet. Well, it seems that wait will ...
Apple's Ping is no longer afraid of the World Wide Web.
Japan's NEC has developed an Android-based tablet computer and will begin shipping it in Japan this month.
The countersuit is a standard legal maneuver for patent infringement law suits. It is common enough that it is no longer a matter of if, but when, a tech organization challenged for patent infringement will respond with a patent suit of its own. True...
Officially, Windows Phone 7 doesn't allow tethering, but for the Samsung Focus, there's a shadier workaround.
When wireless charging systems for smartphones and other gadgets first came on the scene a couple of years ago, they were cool in concept but rather clumsy in practice. The idea was that instead of plugging your phone into a charger, you could simply...
Dell on Thursday acknowledged that some of its recently shipped Venue Pro smartphones have issues relating to Wi-Fi connectivity and mislabeled batteries, and is offering customers replacements.
Google's Android is now the second most popular mobile operating system in the world - second only to Nokia's Symbian OS, according to Gartner's third quarter report. Apple's iOS comes in third, followed by Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry OS, a...
Third parties, not Google, would be liable for any Java copyright violations in the Android mobile OS, according to a filing the vendor made Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Qualcomm has put out a beta version of its Augmented Reality (AR) Extension for Unity Technologies' game development tool, which will allow developers to combine computer-generated content and the real world in games for Android-based products, the c...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW