Nokia is changing the way it updates smartphones based on the latest version of Symbian. Instead of receiving big upgrades, the products will be upgraded on a more continual, incremental basis, Nokia said on Thursday.
It takes about an hour to lure the stray dog into a steel cage with food. During that time, Sean McCormack, a co-founder of the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Taiwan, sits taking pictures and video with his HTC smartphone.
Good writers borrow, great writers steal, or so the saying goes. Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 (WP7) operating system borrows heavily from Apple's iOS and Google's Android but then takes the interface and navigation in an intriguing new direction, ...
Apple's Back to the Mac event yesterday was preceded by plenty of speculation. Some of it was dead on -- such as predictions of revamped MacBook Air models -- while some of it missed the mark a bit: Apple didn't unveil a touch-screen iMac (in fact, C...
Nokia will start shipping its first product based on the MeeGo operating system in 2011, new CEO Stephen Elop confirmed during a conference call on Thursday.
Sony is considering employing Google's Android operating system in more consumer electronics devices, it said Thursday, shortly after launching its first televisions using the software.
To compete with Apple's iPhone and the Android army, Microsoft needed to pull out all the stops to sell Windows Phone 7 to the masses. Windows Mobile has a miserable reputation as being not user-friendly and slow. Throw in the Microsoft Kin failure, ...
You'd think grown men would have better things to do than squabble like rabid squirrels fighting over a Brazil nut. But when it comes to the future of mobile computing, there is no such thing as fighting dirty. And more and more often, it all starts ...
Mobile telco VHA has unveiled a giant expansion of its consolidated 3G mobile network, including the construction of a new network using the same 850MHz spectrum that Telstra has made popular with its rival Next G offering.
Optus will be the first telco in Australia to sell RIM's BlackBerry Torch smartphone -- the first BlackBerry to feature both a touchscreen and a physical QWERTY keyboard -- RIM announced yesterday.
Rumors say a Verizon-bound iPhone will be out in January, and that prototypes are out there in the wild. That's pretty much like Loch Ness monster stories, a story rumored to oblivion for years, but never came to fruition. That's unless a photo set f...
Mere months after the launch of Android 2.2, discussions about the impending release of Android 3.0, or "Gingerbread," are gushing. Android 3.0 is rumored to be released sometime in the next few weeks, and will be a significant overhaul of Google's m...
How secure is banking on your iPhone? How sure are you that those app developers have plugged those security holes? So far, there isn’t much malicious code out there targeted at smartphones, but that soon may change as smartphone sales surpass those ...
Windows Phone 7's splashy launch last week in New York City showcased impressive hardware from the likes of Dell, HTC, LG, and Samsung, and gave us a closer look at the brand-new operating system. Afterward, I was left with some questions and doubts,...
In the world of Apple, 2010 has been the year of mobile. The iPad has become such a household name it's amazing that it was only first announced 10 months ago. It's hard to imagine using an iOS device now without multitasking. And let's not forget ab...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD