Once thought to be unhackable, the Android phone is anything but, according to researchers presenting at Black Hat 2010.
This morning Telstra revealed it would upgrade the amount of data available to consumers purchasing one of several next-generation handsets on post-paid plans on the Next G network. The handsets include the iPhone 4 and 3GS, the HTC Desire and the No...
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Scant hours before Apple's latest hyped handset is slated to go on sale at midnight tonight in Australia, Optus subsidiary Virgin Mobile has released its pricing for the device.
On the eve on the Apple iPhone4 launch in Australia, we round up all the events planned for midnight tonight around Sydney by the big three telco providers -- with events ranging from the left field to the glamorous.
South Korea's LG Electronics will launch its first smartphone designed around Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 software by the end of September and will follow with more by the end of the year, a company representative said Wednesday.
Mobile telco VHA has released its iPhone 4 pricing for its Vodafone and 3 brands. The news follows a raft of similar announcements on how and at what price Apple’s latest handset will launch in Australia late on Thursday night.
The United States Copyright Office ruled that jailbreaking an iPhone is not a copyright violation under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). Be that as it may, there are still some very good reasons not to jailbreak the iPhone.
Extending protection against unauthorized use of applications, stewards of the Google-backed Android mobile platform Tuesday unveiled a licensing service for applications in the Android Market.
Apple's well-documented control over the iPhone and apps took a major blow this week when the U.S. Library of Congress ruled that people who "jailbreak" phones to add non-Apple approved apps should be exempt from prosecution.
Does iOS 4 draw more juice than iOS 3? Short answer: yes, says Aaron Vronko, CEO of Rapid Repair, an iPhone and iPod repair shop.
When you work in the publishing business, you're often inundated with media releases. And when you work in tech publishing, they're often about hi-tech gear and gadgets.
Apple's iPhone 4 is just days away from its Australian launch, and the telco price war is heating up. While people in the US got their hands on the iPhone 4 on 24 June, Aussies have been left with hanging until 30 July.
Telstra, Optus and Apple itself this morning released their respective local pricing details for the iPhone 4, with the big T also confirming it would open its stores around Australia at midnight on Thursday night to give full access to customers kee...
The offshore storage of data by Research In Motion for its BlackBerry smartphones conflicts with a 2007 law passed in the United Arab Emirates, the country's telecommunications regulator has said.
Apple lost its bid today to criminalise "jailbreaking," the practice of hacking an iPhone to install unauthorized apps on the smartphone, according to a decision by the U.S. Copyright Office and the Library of Congress.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW