Intel is developing a tool that will make it easier for developers to port iPhone applications to Intel-based smartphones, tablets and other devices, a company executive said Tuesday.
Symantec today announced that its mobile device management software now supports Apple iOS and Google Android, via Microsoft's Enterprise ActiveSync protocol, which both platforms support. The release is part of an expanded push by the security vendo...
Android is the most popular mobile operating system among consumers who bought a smartphone in the past six months, according to new research from Nielsen.
Google has made a sweeping request that a court throw out the copyright- and patent-infringement lawsuit filed in August by Oracle over Java use in Android, a popular, open-source mobile-phone platform created by Google.
Android smartphone owners can now download a free Skype client from the Android Market that will let them make voice calls over mobile data or Wi-Fi connections -- except in the U.S., where it will work over Wi-Fi only.
Australia's biggest telco Telstra has flagged plans to launch its own Android-based handheld tablet device into the midst of a market which is about to explode with options from Apple, Samsung, Dell and more.
Telstra has launched its Pre-Paid Mobile Wi-Fi modem, which will compete with Vodafone's Pocket WiFi modem and Virgin Mobile's Wi-Fi modem.
Microsoft and Telstra have scheduled in a ritzy Sydney launch next Tuesday morning to unveil their mutual plans to start selling phones with the software giant's Windows Phone 7 platform.
Microsoft plans to phase in a limited number of Windows Phone 7 applications, starting with the formal unveiling of the first handsets next week. By starting small, Microsoft plans to give precedence to "first mover developers" at the outset, then in...
In what could be a considerable boon for Android users, Google on Friday acquired Blind Type, a San Francisco-based maker of touch-typing software for smartphones.
Does Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 have what it takes to compete against Apple's blockbuster iPhone and the Android army? We'll find out October 11 when Microsoft officially pulls back the curtain on its smartphone at an event titled Windows Phone 7 Wo...
Apple has asked a federal judge to postpone applying a multi-million dollar patent infringement verdict, citing a dispute over "triple dipping" made by an opposing attorney during closing arguments to the jury.
Google has acquired BlindType, a developer of apps to make typing easier on touch-screen phones, the small software maker announced Friday. The move comes just a couple of months after BlindType demonstrated an Android version of its software, which ...
Looking to provide the best shopping experience for mobile applications, Microsoft is engaging developers in a phased approach with its upcoming Windows Phone Marketplace relaunch.
A Russian company that specialises in cracking tools claims it has broken the password protection used to secure data backups from BlackBerry smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- LG G5 to debut on February 21, going head-to-head with Galaxy S7
- As 5G approaches, 3G and 4G are still getting faster
- BlackBerry’s PRIV hits Australian shores
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Loyalty SystemsNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD