After sitting on the sidelines watching iPhone and iPod Touch owners enjoy the virtues of iOS 4.0 for the past few months, iPad owners have been anxiously counting the days until iOS 4.2 will be released for the tablet. Well, it seems that wait will ...
Smartphones - News
Apple's Ping is no longer afraid of the World Wide Web.
Japan's NEC has developed an Android-based tablet computer and will begin shipping it in Japan this month.
The countersuit is a standard legal maneuver for patent infringement law suits. It is common enough that it is no longer a matter of if, but when, a tech organization challenged for patent infringement will respond with a patent suit of its own. True...
Officially, Windows Phone 7 doesn't allow tethering, but for the Samsung Focus, there's a shadier workaround.
When wireless charging systems for smartphones and other gadgets first came on the scene a couple of years ago, they were cool in concept but rather clumsy in practice. The idea was that instead of plugging your phone into a charger, you could simply...
Dell on Thursday acknowledged that some of its recently shipped Venue Pro smartphones have issues relating to Wi-Fi connectivity and mislabeled batteries, and is offering customers replacements.
Google's Android is now the second most popular mobile operating system in the world - second only to Nokia's Symbian OS, according to Gartner's third quarter report. Apple's iOS comes in third, followed by Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry OS, a...
Third parties, not Google, would be liable for any Java copyright violations in the Android mobile OS, according to a filing the vendor made Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Qualcomm has put out a beta version of its Augmented Reality (AR) Extension for Unity Technologies' game development tool, which will allow developers to combine computer-generated content and the real world in games for Android-based products, the c...
Motorola's mobile phone subsidiary has filed a lawsuit against Microsoft alleging the world's largest software maker has infringed 16 of its patents in PC, mobile and server software, as well as Xbox products.
Windows Phone 7 (WP7) smartphones have only been on sale since Monday at two wireless carriers in the U.S. and already Microsoft is saying "initial supplies are tight."
U.S. iPod touch owners will soon be able to access the Internet without a Wi-Fi hotspot by using a new add-on being launched on Sunday by Sprint and Chinese network supplier ZTE.
Apple's upcoming iOS 4.2 software update will deliver a big performance boost to the iPhone 3G, according to reports. But will it be enough to quiet litigious iPhone owners unhappy with Apple's last update?
Arm hopes to bring high-performance graphics applications such as 3D imaging and gaming to handheld devices like smartphones while keeping battery life intact with a new graphics processor design it announced on Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Project ManagerQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW