I use an iPhone 4. I upgraded to the iPhone 4 from an iPhone 3GS. However, prior to making the switch to the iPhone I relied on Windows Mobile smartphones for years. With all of the excitement generated by Windows Phone 7, though, I felt it was worth...
Smartphones - News
Symbian Foundation has started dismantling itself. On Dec.17 the organization will shut down its websites, and anyone who wants to get the source code for the current version of the Symbian mobile operating system should download it now or they will ...
Three developers have released software that allows Windows Phone 7 users to "sideload" applications onto their phones, giving access to applications that have not been approved by Microsoft.
Microsoft has started letting developers build and release applications for Windows Phone 7 using Visual Basic, potentially opening the door to more applications on the new smartphone platform.
Popular talk show host, Oprah Winfrey, has agreed to use Telstra's telco services while in Australia. The company claimed around 300 of Winfrey's viewers would get free access and infrastructure during the stay.
Apple has started a store-wide 'shopping event' on the online Apple store, as well as in Australian retail stores. Discounts on many Apple and third-party iPhone, iPad, Mac and iPod products are available, and free shipping is included on all sale it...
Employees are more likely to advocate for their companies if they're optimistic about technology, though IT pros themselves aren't especially big corporate boosters according to a new Forrester Research study.
A growing number of mobile operators are rolling out HD voice in their networks, allowing customers with compatible phones to make calls with better voice quality. The operators have been encouraged to invest in the technology by an increase in the n...
Apps in the Android Market will display content ratings starting in a few weeks, Google said Wednesday.
A vulnerability in the Android browser could permit an attacker to steal the user's local data, according to a report yesterday from security expert, Thomas Cannon.
Days after Apple released the iOS 4.2 software update for iPhones and iPads, another update to the OS is rumored to be arriving in December, together with News Corp's iPad-only news app. A corroborated report from Apple-centric blog MacStories claims...
Motorola has just announced the release of the first ruggedised Android smartphone, the Motorola Defy.
Companies including Mozilla, Opera Software, Palm and Sony Ericsson are trying to accelerate the use of Web standards when developing applications for smartphones.
If you're an iPhone user, you'll find the just-released iOS 4.2 a solid, mildly useful new system update. There's nothing earth-shaking here, and nothing as significant as the multitasking features and folders that iOS 4.2 adds to the iPad.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW