Google's Android continues to grow faster in the U.S. than other top smartphone operating systems, including Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS and Apple's iOS, according to the latest ComScore rankings, which were released Friday.
Smartphones - News
You back up data on your computer in case it crashes, and you might install LoJack on your car to help recover it in case someone steals it -- so why shouldn't you protect your Android phone? Most people carry a lot of sensitive data on their phones....
Nvidia is looking to pack more CPU cores into mobile devices like smartphones and tablets as a way to improve performance while preserving battery life.
Samsung on Thursday said it has developed a fast version of low-power memory that could help speed up applications in tablets and smartphones.
Whether you work as an in-home massage therapist, operate a taco truck, or run some other small business, you're missing sales if you can't process credit cards. However, a number of mobile payment tools now let you accept credit cards on an iPhone, ...
Research In Motion (RIM) plans to acquire Swedish company The Astonishing Tribe (TAT), which specializes in developing user interfaces, according to a blog posted on Thursday
Nvidia is looking to expand its CUDA parallel-processing architecture to mobile devices in the next few years, the company's CEO said Wednesday.
The guys over at XDA Developers Forums have been busy hacking once again. This time they turned their attention to the Motorola Defy, which was released on November 3rd (and introduced on Oprah for that matter). Forum member Pedrodh assembled up a st...
Apple iOS and Google Android are the most desired mobile operating systems, with the iPhone especially popular among women and Android phones grabbing more men.
Innovations in mobile computing will continue apace in coming years, but battery power and wireless spectrum could become critical obstacles, according to mobile executives speaking Tuesday evening at a gathering in Silicon Valley.
The developers of a tool that lets Windows Phone 7 users load applications that aren't in the Marketplace have pulled the tool, less than a week after publishing it.
Apple's iPhone and Research in Motion's BlackBerry are in a dead heat for U.S. smartphone ownership honors, Nielsen said today.
Apple's iPhone and Google's Android might seem to have all the momentum these days, but RIM's BlackBerry OS is the surprise winner in StatCounter's latest U.S. mobile OS Internet usage numbers.
In the popularity contest between Android phones and the iPhone its tie. A Nielsen survey found even though Android phones are currently outselling the iPhone, potential phone buyers are equally likely to want either platform.
Windows Phone 7 early adopters won't have to wait long to get some major missing features, according to the latest murmurs.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
- Android malware steals access to more than 1 million Google accounts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCSystem EngineerNSW