Motorola has just announced the release of the first ruggedised Android smartphone, the Motorola Defy.
Companies including Mozilla, Opera Software, Palm and Sony Ericsson are trying to accelerate the use of Web standards when developing applications for smartphones.
If you're an iPhone user, you'll find the just-released iOS 4.2 a solid, mildly useful new system update. There's nothing earth-shaking here, and nothing as significant as the multitasking features and folders that iOS 4.2 adds to the iPad.
Apple's iOS 4.2 software update for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch has officially been released into the wild, and already a bug has been found. Users are reporting that after they updated their devices music, videos, audio books, and podcasts seem...
Apple released iOS 4.2 into the wild about 24 hours ago, and users installing the software update have found improved HTML 5 features, quirky bugs and limited AirPlay support.
Apple has finally released the highly-anticipated iOS 4.2. While the attention around iOS 4.2 has been focused on the enhancements and new features -- particularly for the iPad, the update also fixes more than 80 vulnerabilities in the iPhone, iPod, ...
Motorola will release the first ruggedised Android smartphone, the Motorola Defy, in Australia on 30 November.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has voted to investigate a smartphone patent complaint brought by Apple against Motorola, the latest action in a recent patent dispute between the two companies.
Better known for its wireless mobile phone accessories, French company Parrot today announced the launch of the AR.Drone in Australia. The AR.Drone is a "quadricopter" that is controlled via an app specially designed for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Tou...
At a launch in Sydney today we got the chance to take a look at -- and play with -- Parrot's latest wireless gadget. The AR.Drone connects to any Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and uses the device's touchscreen and tilt sensors for control. Using a...
Microsoft's beta was full of shocking omissions, and what shipped is even worse - but there's a glimmer of hope.
Amaysim, a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, today launched in Australia, promising low prices and high quality customer service backed by a dedicated, in-house customer service centre.
There's a lot to watch in the nighttime sky -- everything from the International Space Station and meteor showers to planets and stars.
Apple has just announced that iOS 4.2 will be available today for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC