Nokia Siemens' Smart WLAN Connectivity Solution will free users from having to manually switch a device's data connection between Wi-Fi and cellular broadband, the company said on Tuesday.
Smartphones - News
A new generation of smartphones with bigger screens, faster processors and speedier Internet access is set to be announced at the Mobile World Congress, with vendors also pitching products for operators that continue to be challenged by increasing tr...
Smartphone maker HTC has acquired multimedia delivery specialist Saffron Digital and plans to pay US$40 million for a stake in online gaming company OnLive.
Google's Android outranked Apple's iPhone in total smartphone subscribers in the U.S. at the end of the fourth quarter of 2010, according to survey data released Monday by market research company Comscore.
According to a 7 February Wall Street Journal report US telco Sprint will shortly unveil a new Android smartphone that sports dual touchscreens.
For Android phone users, the newfound convenience of installing apps remotely from the Android Market Website also opens up a security hole for malware.
Apple will introduce the next iPhone on June 6, an analyst said today.
Vodafone has announced that Google's Nexus S Android smartphone will soon be available in Australia, but hasn't confirmed a launch date or pricing details.
After months of leaks, photos and rumours doing the rounds, Sony Ericsson has finally confirmed it will launch its XPERIA Play Android smartphone -- dubbed the 'PlayStation phone' -- on February 13 in Barcelona.
The hacker group known as Chronic Dev Team has released code that lets any Apple device running the latest iOS firmware to load apps without having to go through the iTunes App Store.
An analyst's open letter to Nokia's CEO, a former Microsoft executive, has triggered intense speculation that the Finnish phone maker will adopt Windows Phone 7 as the firmware for at least some of its struggling smartphone line.
Research In Motion's BlackBerry WebWorks Application Platform lets developers use standard Web tools to create applications that work like native programs on RIM's smartphones and PlayBook tablets, company officials said Thursday.
Nokia Beta Labs has released Bubbles, an application that adds shortcuts in the shape of floating bubbles on a new unlock screen, inventor Pauli Asikainen said in a blog post on Friday.
Sony Ericsson's latest Android phone, the XPERIA Neo, has been given a hands-on preview two weeks before its official release.
Google's improvements to the Android Market application store, including the addition of a browser-based store and in-app payments, are being hailed as a big step in the right direction by analysts and developers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPContract Manager - ICT Solution DevelopmentSA
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA