With Apple's iOS 4 supporting corporate security requirements, companies are increasingly saying an explicit yes to iPhone use. Certainly an iPad makes more sense as a lightweight laptop replacement (see InfoWorld's picks for the best iPad office app...
It's no surprise that iPhone and Android users are using more data today than the iPhone users of two years ago (when there were no popular Android devices). But a recent report from Arieso, a British firm that provides cellular carriers software to ...
The official Twitter app for Android provides a simple, no-frills way to tweet and view your home feed from your phone. To begin, you log in or create an account. If you choose to create an account, the app will open the mobile Twitter Website in the...
Microsoft plans to launch Windows Phone 7 in China in the second half of 2011.
iiNet yesterday launched a range of mobile phone plans, allowing existing customers of its fixed broadband offerings to bundle mobile services into their bill. But there's just one catch; customers will need to bring their own phone.
IBM is ready to ship an Android-compatible new version of its push-based e-mail software Lotus Notes Traveler, an IBM employee wrote in a blog posting Tuesday.
Broadcom is working on a dual-core processor that will allow smartphone makers to build Android-based handsets with integrated Wi-Fi hotspots, the company said on Tuesday. It's billing the chip as aimed at mass-market phones with a low price point.
Nokia is planning to roll out four or five upgrades to its Symbian OS in the next 12 to 15 months, adding a new look for the user interface and a more flexible home screen as it tries to make its struggling operating system relevant again, according ...
Consumer PC tech support company iYogi is planning to extend its services to users of mobile phones, with an initial focus on devices running the Android operating system.
Google today launched its location-sharing Latitude app for the iPhone, making good on a promise nearly two years old.
Google is rolling out a new Android Market client over the next two weeks, a move that leaves developers with mixed feelings.
A prominent Wall Street analyst declared Friday that Windows Phone 7 has seen a "successful launch" and that Microsoft will heavily market the new platform further, leading to a possible pitched battle against Android smartphones that would leave the...
Google's lead Android developer Andy Rubin tweeted that the company is activating more than 300,000 Android phones each day. This equates to more than 9 million Android phones activated per month, despite reports that the platform's activation number...
While Android's success has been well-documented, it's still hard to wrap your head around the idea that 300,000 Android phones are being activated every day.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is making it possible for developers to directly integrate mobile applications for Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, and also apps for Android-based smartphones, with its cloud using two new beta SDKs (software developme...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW