Amazon is preparing to open an Android app store to compete with Google's Android Market, and has launched a beta portal where developers can submit applications for Android-based smartphones, according to a company blog post.
Motorola on Wednesday showed off a new Android phone that connects to a docking station that looks like a laptop but has no CPU, so that users can access a full physical keyboard and monitor.
The tidal wave of 4G phones at CES is just beginning with this morning's launch of the HTC EVO Shift 4G from Sprint.
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (ASX: VHA) has apologised to customers for recent problems with its 3G network upgrade.
Australian owners of Samsung’s Galaxy S handset will be receiving the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update over the air to their devices shortly, if they haven’t already, according to the South Korean electronics giant.
There have always been perks to working for much-hyped global technology giant Google: Great food, 20 percent time to work on your own projects and an incredibly relaxed but innovative and work environment.
Microsoft has announced that its manufacturing partners have sold more than 1.5 million Windows Phone 7 devices since the mobile platform's launch six weeks ago. Achim Berg, Microsoft's vice president of marketing and business for Windows Phones, mad...
Microsoft today said makers of phones running its new Windows mobile operating system had sold 1.5 million handsets since the October launch of Windows Phone 7 (WP7).
More than half of iPhone and Android apps routinely share the personal data of their users with outside companies, a Wall Street Journal investigation has found.
Nattering nabobs of negativism aside, the marketplace for Windows Phone 7 apps is doing quite well, thank you. A recent analysis from IDC shows that the WP7 marketplace is growing at a faster clip out of the gate than its counterpart for Google's And...
Nvidia's much-hyped Tegra 2 CPU has finally found a home in a smartphone courtesy of LG's new Optimus 2X, which will be launched in Korea next month. As such, the Optimus 2X takes the honor of being the first dual-core phone to get to market.
Nokia and Microsoft are reportedly discussing an alliance that would lead to Nokia-branded smartphones running the Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system. The claim comes from respected Russian tech blogger Eldar Murtazin, the man behind many of the...
Android's Nexus S may have just been released, but the guys over at XDA have already had their way with the device, and managed to make a permanent root for it.
Despite ongoing speculation that Android 3.0 is imminent, it looks like the next release of the mobile operating system--dubbed "Honeycomb"--will be version 2.4.
Google jumps back into the phone hardware business with the Nexus S, and iFixit immediately tears the phone to bits. That's just the natural order of things.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple could stick a Digital Crown on the iPhone
- Blackberry announces DETK50, a secure US$299 Android phone
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT