Google jumps back into the phone hardware business with the Nexus S, and iFixit immediately tears the phone to bits. That's just the natural order of things.
XDA member DarkStone1337 has hacked an HTC HD2, replacing the Windows Mobile OS with Android, raising the question: what hasn't been hacked to run Android yet?
More Yahoo applications and services will be shut down or merged with existing products in the coming months, the company has said.
In an effort to make mobile applications easier to use, the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) has established a set of guidelines for developers to keep in mind when creating their Web-standards based applications.
Google has updated its Maps for Android application, giving it more GPS navigation features than mobile offerings from Apple and Microsoft.
LG Electronics Thursday unveiled the Optimus 2X, a smartphone based on Android and Nvidia's dual-core Tegra2 processor, which provides 1080p HD video playback and recording.
Numerous exclusions to the unlimited calls advertised as part of Vodafone’s “Infinite” plans raises questions of whether customers are being misled, the Federal Court heard this week.
With Apple's iOS 4 supporting corporate security requirements, companies are increasingly saying an explicit yes to iPhone use. Certainly an iPad makes more sense as a lightweight laptop replacement (see InfoWorld's picks for the best iPad office app...
It's no surprise that iPhone and Android users are using more data today than the iPhone users of two years ago (when there were no popular Android devices). But a recent report from Arieso, a British firm that provides cellular carriers software to ...
The official Twitter app for Android provides a simple, no-frills way to tweet and view your home feed from your phone. To begin, you log in or create an account. If you choose to create an account, the app will open the mobile Twitter Website in the...
Microsoft plans to launch Windows Phone 7 in China in the second half of 2011.
iiNet yesterday launched a range of mobile phone plans, allowing existing customers of its fixed broadband offerings to bundle mobile services into their bill. But there's just one catch; customers will need to bring their own phone.
IBM is ready to ship an Android-compatible new version of its push-based e-mail software Lotus Notes Traveler, an IBM employee wrote in a blog posting Tuesday.
Broadcom is working on a dual-core processor that will allow smartphone makers to build Android-based handsets with integrated Wi-Fi hotspots, the company said on Tuesday. It's billing the chip as aimed at mass-market phones with a low price point.
Nokia is planning to roll out four or five upgrades to its Symbian OS in the next 12 to 15 months, adding a new look for the user interface and a more flexible home screen as it tries to make its struggling operating system relevant again, according ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
- Moto Mods for the Moto Z won't be cheap, with costs ranging from US$69 to US$299
- This custom-built case lets Android run on an iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCBiztalk developerNSW