After months of leaks, photos and rumours doing the rounds, Sony Ericsson has finally confirmed it will launch its XPERIA Play Android smartphone -- dubbed the 'PlayStation phone' -- on February 13 in Barcelona.
Smartphones - News
The hacker group known as Chronic Dev Team has released code that lets any Apple device running the latest iOS firmware to load apps without having to go through the iTunes App Store.
An analyst's open letter to Nokia's CEO, a former Microsoft executive, has triggered intense speculation that the Finnish phone maker will adopt Windows Phone 7 as the firmware for at least some of its struggling smartphone line.
Research In Motion's BlackBerry WebWorks Application Platform lets developers use standard Web tools to create applications that work like native programs on RIM's smartphones and PlayBook tablets, company officials said Thursday.
Nokia Beta Labs has released Bubbles, an application that adds shortcuts in the shape of floating bubbles on a new unlock screen, inventor Pauli Asikainen said in a blog post on Friday.
Sony Ericsson's latest Android phone, the XPERIA Neo, has been given a hands-on preview two weeks before its official release.
Google's improvements to the Android Market application store, including the addition of a browser-based store and in-app payments, are being hailed as a big step in the right direction by analysts and developers.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) released the first BlackBerry smartphone running its "BlackBerry 6" mobile OS just six months ago, but the company is already hard at work on the next major BlackBerry OS device software update, BlackBerry 6....
Millions of consumers who want to comparison shop on the fly with their smartphones have been turning to the free Google Shopper app since last February. The problem is that app was limited to the Android platform. Those days are over now that Google...
The great tease is over: Today, here at its headquarters in Mountain View, Calif., Google showed off Android 3.0, a tablet-friendly operating system also known as Honeycomb. The new tablet-optimised OS emphasizes a slick interface, beefed up graphics...
Apple (NASDAQ – AAPL) kicked off 2011 with a series of highs and lows: The company reported that the iPhone and iPad fueled record sales, joined forces with Verizon and opened a new app store, but it also said CEO Steve Jobs was taking a medical lea...
Google on Wednesday introduced a new Android Market Web store and said in-app purchasing is coming soon.
Apple's decision to reject Sony's e-reader application today sparked speculation that Apple would soon yank Amazon's popular Kindle software from the App Store.
Apple's third beta of iOS 4.3 is now in the hands of developers. This new beta includes three separate packages: iOS, the SDK, and Apple TV Software. Typically, Apple releases three betas to its developers before seeding a Gold Master. This latest be...
Telstra has launched a new Facebook service called Blurtl that lets you record 30 second audio clips to post as a status update, or as a message on a friends wall.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
- Some reports of faulty Note7s invalidated
- Samsung hikes recall incentives to retain Note7 customers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCProject SchedulerVIC