Nokia plans to invest €200 million (US$276.3 million) in a new mobile phone manufacturing site near Hanoi in northern Vietnam along "with further, sizeable investments thereafter," the company said Wednesday.
Smartphones - News
China Unicom announced a new smartphone and software platform Monday, Wophone, that will rival Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and China Mobile's Ophone offerings.
HTC has announced that its Desire Z Android smartphone will launch in Australia in 'mid-March' exclusively through Vodafone.
Following a three month exclusivity deal with Telstra, the ruggedised Motorola Defy Android phone is now available through Optus.
It is no secret that mobile platforms are ripe targets for malware. The explosion of smartphones and tablets, combined with the lack of security awareness or tools for mobile platforms makes them particularly attractive targets. Apparently, Android h...
All of Motorola's high-end smartphones will soon be able to work with a docking station that provides them with a large screen and keyboard when needed, the company's CEO said Monday.
A rogue Android app that's been tweaked by hackers can hijack a smartphone and run up big texting bills before the owner knows it, Symantec said today.
While devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Android are in most cases welcomed into the corporate world, there's uncertainty about how to fit them into enterprise IT security practices that have been concerned so long by Microsoft Windows.
As Android phones continue to outsell iPhones, Apple has been apparently getting some inspiration from Google's mobile OS. A series of screenshots received by 9 To 5 Mac show Apple is using internally a version of the iOS lock screen with the gesture...
It's a conundrum facing many of today's workers: how to carry the latest and greatest smartphone with fun, personal apps and securely access corporate data from the same device.
Nokia and Microsoft joining forces to better compete with Apple and Google's Android OS will be good for the smartphone market, Vodafone Germany's CEO Jan Geldmacher said in an <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr72zluB44g">interview</a> at the...
The Commonwealth Bank today released its NetBank mobile banking application for Google Android smartphones.
Microsoft's recent deal with Nokia will put Windows Phone 7 on millions of Nokia mobile phones around the world. Microsoft in turn will shower billions of dollars on Nokia in marketing, engineering and other costs. The companies hope that together, t...
Sick of waiting for pages to load on your mobile device? Get an iPad or iPhone. That's the upshot of a mobile browser speed study done by a company called Gomez. They found that Apple's mobile version of Safari was fastest and BlackBerry's browser th...
Next week Apple will spill the beans on the iPad 2, which can only mean one thing: It's time to start focusing on the iPhone 5 -- which will (probably) be announced in June.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Beleaguered Samsung now fending off reports of Galaxy S7 Edge phones catching fire
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCHelpdesk/Desktop supportVIC
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT