Intel on Monday said its Medfield chip, designed for low-end smartphones, is in production and will ship later this year.
Intel put on a brave face Monday at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, insisting that there is continued strong support from it and many companies for MeeGo, the open source software platform that Nokia last week said it would abandon in favor of Mi...
Skate is the latest addition to ZTE's portfolio of low-cost smartphones. It has a 4.3-inch screen and runs Android version 2.3, the company announced at Mobile World Congress on Monday.
Mobile network operators and their equipment suppliers are working hard to make telephony over data-oriented LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks a reality, with the number of demos at Mobile World Congress a sign they are getting closer.
Motorola Mobility said on Monday that it has bought 3LM, a company that develops enterprise security and device management products for Android devices.
YouTube is working with LG Electronics to make it easier for users to capture 3D images and video on mobile devices and upload directly to the Internet with LG's new Optimus 3D smartphone.
Hoping to make Android more attractive to security-minded CIOs, Samsung has added encryption and integrated Cisco's AnyConnect VPN client on its latest smartphone, the Galaxy S II, it said on Sunday at the Mobile World Congress.
The broad Nokia-Microsoft partnership in which the Windows Phone operating system would run on Nokia smartphones sounds like good news for both companies because of their struggles in the smartphone arena.
Microsoft and Nokia both have a lot to lose - and gain - by their mobile alliance, with the Finnish handset maker deciding to adopt Windows Phone 7 as its smartphone operating system.
Sony popped the lid on the industry's worst kept secret this afternoon, trotting out its Xperia Play Android phone at Mobile World Congress 2011 in Barcelona, Spain. You probably know all there is to say about the device at this point, except for one...
Sony Ericsson unveiled its PlayStation phone, the Xperia Play, on Sunday at the World Mobile Congress. The company hopes it will attract gamers to the well-known Sony brand.
Nokia on Sunday hinted that Microsoft essentially won a bidding war against Google to supply software to the world's largest handset maker and that the software giant agreed to pay "billions" of dollars for the privilege.
Samsung has launched the Galaxy S II, which is equipped with a dual-core processor, an improved screen and faster Internet access using HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access).
LG Electronics provided details on some of its most highly anticipated mobile gadgets on Sunday, including the LG Optimus Pad tablet and Optimus 3D smartphone, which will be shown at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week.
The deal between Nokia and Microsoft hurts Intel's plans to enter the market for smartphones, in which the company has virtually no presence, analysts said on Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
- Moto Mods for the Moto Z won't be cheap, with costs ranging from US$69 to US$299
- This custom-built case lets Android run on an iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCMS Exchange Support EngineerNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW