Apple today denied that it tracks iPhone and iPad users, saying that "users are confused" about the issue.
Smartphones - News
Apple has today announced that the white version of its popular iPhone 4 is now on sale, nine months after the original iPhone 4 hit the shelves in Australia.
Nokia will outsource its Symbian software activities to Accenture, transferring 3,000 employees to the company in the process, as it moves its focus to making phones running on Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system.
Besieged Vodafone will offer its customers free SMS messages for 12 hours on Sunday 1 May after a "technical fault" prevented users from sending and receiving text messages on Easter Sunday.
Telstra has made its latest 'Freedom Connect' mobile phone plans available for consumers who want to use their existing mobile, but customers will still have to sign a 12 month contract.
Fragmentation of the Android platform is being blamed for a decline in developer enthusiasm for the platform, but the real fragmentation challenge for app developers is a much broader issue that just Android.
An iPhone user and an iPad user have sued Apple over its location tracking database on their devices. The federal class action suit alleges that Apple's tracking violates the U.S. Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
A recently published Apple patent application indicates the company may have plans to collect iPhone user location history but it's not clear if the patent application is related to the recent discovery that iPhones and iPads store historical locatio...
In the midst of an uproar over ways that Apple and Google collect and store location information from mobile phones, Microsoft has laid out details about its Windows Phone 7 data collection policies.
LG Electronics on Tuesday announced it had signed a license for ARM's upcoming application and graphics processors, opening a path for the device maker to design a new chip and expand in the market of smartphones and tablets.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Thursday received a request to transfer T-Mobile's licenses to AT&T, one of the first steps the companies are making in the potentially lengthy approval process of AT&T's proposed acquisition of the small...
Apple today said it sold a record 18.6 million iPhones in the first three months of 2011, the third consecutive quarter the company's smartphone has set sales records.
Telstra today launched a water, dust and shock resistant mobile phone called the Tough 2 that is aimed at tradesman, and construction workers.
Research In Motion, manufacturer of the popular BlackBerry smartphone, has launched a BlackBerry Protect app that allows individual BlackBerry users to wirelessly backup, restore and locate their smartphone.
As smartphones have grown more powerful and complex, so have the threats against them.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTOperational Safety Project ManagersSA
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTSpatial technical officerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanQLD
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW