RIM's latest smartphone is something of a throwback to earlier days when smaller screens and full qwerty keyboards were all the rage.
Smartphones - News
Startup chip design company Adapteva on Tuesday announced the multicore Epiphany processor, which is designed to accelerate applications in servers and low-power devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Telstra has today launched the EasyCall 2 mobile phone specifically designed with older users in mind.
This morning, Research In Motion (RIM) officially announced its latest smartphone, the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930, at its annual BlackBerry World Conference in Orlando.
LG has announced the Australian launch of its first dual-core powered Android smartphone -- the Optimus 2X -- but the phone will be sold outright, and not through a telco.
After 10 months of delays, the white iPhone 4 has arrived, and at closer inspection it turns out it's not only late, but also thicker than its black sibling. The difference is very small, 0.2 millimeters to be more precise, but it's enough to give he...
Google and Oracle each submitted proposals on Friday to reduce the number of claims in their Java patent infringement lawsuit, which could help bring the case to a speedier conclusion.
Yet another problem has cropped up preventing some Windows Phone 7 users from getting two software updates, adding a new chapter to the update saga that started in February.
Research In Motion (RIM) today announced that its latest BlackBerry 6 operating system is now available is a free software update for Vodafone users, but Telstra and Optus BlackBerry users will have to wait.
Optus has announced pricing details for the HTC Incredible S Android smartphone, which will be available exclusively through the telco for three months when it launches in Australia on 1 May.
Apple's explanation about how and why iPhones track users' locations was too late, too little, a crisis communications expert said today.
Telstra has announced that all AFL games will be streamed live to mobile phones and tablets from 2012, following a landmark $1.25 billion AFL television rights deal.
Google has today announced that its Google Docs app is now available for Android phones, allowing users to view and edit and share documents on their smartphone.
With so many exciting new operating systems to choose from today, it can be tough to settle on just one -- particularly if you're an open source fan.
Apple today denied that it tracks iPhone and iPad users, saying that "users are confused" about the issue.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCCapacity PlannerACT
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT