Optus has launched its new mobile payment facility, Cash by Optus, whereby customers with compatible smartphones can make contactless purchases under $100.
Smartphones - News
Smartphones this year are poised to become more interactive, more fun and maybe a little bit smarter than you’d like them to be.
Thanks to some wacky invites we know it's going to be a big day for new phones in just a couple of weeks.
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
BlackBerry has released its first ever Android smartphone to the Australian market.
A spring Apple event is reportedly in the works, though details aren't yet confirmed.
It's been nice having OEMs make its devices, but it looks like Google's ready to take back Android's destiny into its own hands—for real this time.
Mere days after Microsoft reported plummeting sales for its own Lumia handsets, Vaio is expected to launch its own Windows 10 Mobile phone. Whether third parties like Vaio and Acer can succeed where Microsoft hasn't remains an open question.
Samsung will return to Mobile World Congress this year to show off its latest batch of flagship smartphones.
The saving grace for the declining tablet market is detachable devices, also called 2-in-1s, that can serve as both a laptop and a separate slate-style tablet.
LG has patched a security flaw in an application preinstalled on millions of its Android G3 smartphones that researchers found could be used to steal a variety of data.
Hardware leaks indicate it might be HTC's most advanced phone yet with a Quad HD display and a laser-assisted, 12-UltraPixel camera.
Weak demand for mobile phones and display panels pushed down Samsung's profits last quarter, and the company doesn't expect much improvement this year.
For the first time, over a third of browser-based online transactions globally are now made on a mobile device, compared to just 30 per cent last quarter.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- TPProject Manager. AutomationNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- CCSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTInformation Security AdvisorNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia