The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
Smartphones - News
Which battery case should you get? Watch as we review Apple’s ergonomic Smart Battery Case, Mophie’s more affordable Juice Pack Reserve, and Kuke’s battery case with external storage options.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 and Sony Xperia Z2, Z3, and Z3 Compact are part of a hefty batch of updates this week.
A programmable shortcut button can launch a favorite app with one tap on the case.
Microsoft has its own mobile operating system, but that hasn't stopped it from opening a public beta for a new iPhone keyboard.
HTC’s new flagship doesn’t offer a lot of frills or gimmicks, but gets the basics right.
Jon, Jason, and Gordon discuss the latest mega smartphones, dismal PC sales, and whether you will soon have a 10-core CPU.
Love the manual camera controls. Love the display. The battery-swapping scheme is better than ever, but the LG G5 still has a few problems.
Executive News Editor Ken Mingis talks with Apple expert Michael deAgonia about the new iPhone SE (in Rose Gold!) and takes Senior Editor Keith Shaw's gadget quiz.
Currently, the number of unused mobile devices cluttering Australian homes has reached the 25.5 million mark, according to new data released by not-for-profit program, MobileMuster.
Buying an iPhone with just 16GB of storage means you'll have to make some sacrifices that defeat the point of having a new iPhone in the first place.
HTC has unveiled its new HTC 10 flagship phone. Carved out of a solid block of aluminium the 5.2in display sits behind a layer of glass that covers the entire front. Key features include 24-bit audio, a double-optical-image-stabilized-camera-system, ...
After more than a year of rancor over whether it would hurt Wi-Fi, a technology that lets LTE networks use unlicensed spectrum may have already missed its window of opportunity.
FCC certification or some other technicality could be the culprit, as LG wouldn't rule out bringing it to our shores in the future.
BlackBerry has stopped producing phones with its in-house operating system as the company focuses on a more secure Android.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW