Future smartphones may no longer need a dedicated button for unlocking the device or performing other actions with a fingerprint.
Smartphones - News
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
A new report from IDC tracks the tablet's ongoing decline, while detachable tablets like Microsoft's Surface rise in popularity. Now smartphone vendors are getting into the act, applying their mobile acumen to compete with PC vendors.
Virtual reality was the star of the show when Samsung executives took the stage this week at its annual developer conference.
There's also interest brewing in the tablet space, as the Nexus 9 has disappeared from the Google Store.
This could be a sign that Google's beta build of Android could come to more non-Nexus devices.
It seems no flagship phone line is complete without some type of pink option.
Microsoft's new patent filing envisions a trackpoint with an embedded fingerprint sensor, enabling Windows Hello in mobile devices.
The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
Which battery case should you get? Watch as we review Apple’s ergonomic Smart Battery Case, Mophie’s more affordable Juice Pack Reserve, and Kuke’s battery case with external storage options.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 and Sony Xperia Z2, Z3, and Z3 Compact are part of a hefty batch of updates this week.
A programmable shortcut button can launch a favorite app with one tap on the case.
Microsoft has its own mobile operating system, but that hasn't stopped it from opening a public beta for a new iPhone keyboard.
HTC’s new flagship doesn’t offer a lot of frills or gimmicks, but gets the basics right.
Jon, Jason, and Gordon discuss the latest mega smartphones, dismal PC sales, and whether you will soon have a 10-core CPU.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
- Now you can control your smart devices from your Pixel, no Google Home required
- Everything we think we know about the LG G6
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk Support (CISCO)QLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- TPData AnalystWA
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW