Future smartphones may no longer need a dedicated button for unlocking the device or performing other actions with a fingerprint.
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
A new report from IDC tracks the tablet's ongoing decline, while detachable tablets like Microsoft's Surface rise in popularity. Now smartphone vendors are getting into the act, applying their mobile acumen to compete with PC vendors.
Virtual reality was the star of the show when Samsung executives took the stage this week at its annual developer conference.
There's also interest brewing in the tablet space, as the Nexus 9 has disappeared from the Google Store.
This could be a sign that Google's beta build of Android could come to more non-Nexus devices.
It seems no flagship phone line is complete without some type of pink option.
Microsoft's new patent filing envisions a trackpoint with an embedded fingerprint sensor, enabling Windows Hello in mobile devices.
The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
Which battery case should you get? Watch as we review Apple’s ergonomic Smart Battery Case, Mophie’s more affordable Juice Pack Reserve, and Kuke’s battery case with external storage options.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 and Sony Xperia Z2, Z3, and Z3 Compact are part of a hefty batch of updates this week.
A programmable shortcut button can launch a favorite app with one tap on the case.
Microsoft has its own mobile operating system, but that hasn't stopped it from opening a public beta for a new iPhone keyboard.
HTC’s new flagship doesn’t offer a lot of frills or gimmicks, but gets the basics right.
Jon, Jason, and Gordon discuss the latest mega smartphones, dismal PC sales, and whether you will soon have a 10-core CPU.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Samsung explains why it’s all in on VR
- Nexus rumors begin to take shape, HTC may be making two devcies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC