Customers no longer have to choose between an iPhone or a big Android device following the release of Sony's 4.3in Xperia Z1 Compact. The smartphone bundles performance innards with a 20.7MP camera and waterproof credentials, but will this be enough ...
Smartphones - Features
In this guide we show you the ways in which you can use your phone's or tablet's Bluetooth transmitter to send music to your existing stereo system.
LG's original G Pro was named the "Best Smartphone" of last year's Mobile World Congress. Now the company has released its successor, the G Pro 2, and it's looking to take on Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S5. Few details set the two smartphones apart, an...
Google, Samsung and LG have followed in Apple’s footsteps by launching voice-enabled personal assistants. We spent time with each personal assistant to identify which company has developed the strongest offering so far.
Belkin has showed off some of the cases and armbands that will be available for the Samsung Galaxy S5. Lots of colours to choose from, and different grades of protection depending on how much you're willing to pay.
Don’t know what to get your partner this Valentine’s day? Here are some suggestions to get your ball rolling.
Following in the fading hype of 3D display technology are new smartphones that feature curved displays. To find out if there's merit to the curvy form-factor, we handed around the first curved-screen smartphone in Australia to the people in the Good ...
Wearable technology is being heralded as the next big thing and the big companies are competing to see who can crack the form factor first. We don’t yet know what potential wearable tech has, but today we look at one of the more popular renditions, t...
If you're anything like us, you've probably left your Christmas shopping until the last minute. Perhaps you're too busy at work, maybe you've forgotten that Christmas is the time of giving, or maybe you just haven't found the right gift yet. That's w...
Christmas is almost upon us yet again and what better way to spoil a loved one by gifting a new smartphone?
Two of the newest Android phones in Australia are the Sony Xperia Z1 and the LG G2. Which one is right for you?
Apple's iPhone 5s has the new Burst Mode camera feature, which lets users take up to 10 photos per second to get the perfect shot. Ideal for moving subjects, the Burst Mode tool can come in really handy for iPhone photographers. Here's how to use Bur...
A battery case can extend the battery life of your smartphone and provide some much needed protection. We've put four battery cases for the Galaxy S4 through their paces.
Whether you're a smartphone fan or you're coming off contract and need a new phone, Samsung's Galaxy S4 and the Google's Nexus 5 are two of the best Android phones on the market right now. Which one is right for you?
The new Android home screen may not look much different from the home screens in Jelly Bean or even Ice Cream Sandwich, but it gives us a better understanding of what Google may want Android to look like in the future.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Lenovo promises 12 new Moto Mod add-ons per year
- The Samsung Galaxy Note7's extreme thinness may be behind battery explosions
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- PTProject ManagersACT
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC