“With each generation the company makes measured, incremental technology improvements to its iPhone line, and this time around those changes are increasing Apple’s per-unit material cost.”
Smartphones - Features
Lately I’ve been hearing the call of the Siren, luring me away from my camps at iOS and Android, towards the reimagined Windows 10 mobile.
Can’t wait to try out Google’s next sweet mobile OS treat? Just follow these instructions—as long as you have a Nexus phone or tablet.
Whether you like to make short home movies or full-length features, the V10 offers some amazing manual controls for doing so.
Not one but two new Nexus phones? A new Chromecast? The final release of Android Marshmallow? Google could do it all tomorrow.
The competition between Apple and Samsung is stiff, but before this showdown’s end, a winner will emerge.
Anticipation for the next generation of Apple’s iPhones has reached fever pitch. Pre-sales for the smartphones opened over the weekend, with the range going on sale in stores stores soon on 25 September. Australia’s four largest carriers have announ...
Sony is stepping out from the shadows to take on smartphone heavyweight Samsung. Whereas its Xperia Z5 Premium, announced overnight at the IFA tradeshow, appeases the needs of multimedia users, Samsung's Note5 satisfies the demands of users driven to...
The ACCC has put smartphone makers on notice for boldly advertising products as ‘waterproof’. Manufacturers are in part to blame for hiding relevant information in the fine print, but let’s not burn them at the stake for making smartphones resistant ...
“Hey Siri, give us a hint”
The iPhone 6s release date seems to be beyond doubt now. Apple is confidently believed to be releasing the new models on September 18 in tier-one countries. This will follow a launch date thought to be September 9...
Samsung pioneered the large-screen smartphone with the original Galaxy Note. The idea of phone and tablet hybrid -- known as a phablet -- was far better executed than the device itself. Today the company launched the Note5, and it feels every bit a p...
For all the features missing from the OnePlus 2, it still manages to deliver one of the best overall experiences in its price range.
Every smartphone that has passed through our testing labs in 2016 has been rounded up on this page. Readers in the market for a new smartphone: this is a good starting point. Consider the smartphones available, narrow the selection down according...
LG’s flagship G4 has gone on sale with carriers and retailers offering freebies to anyone who places an order.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
- Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- HTC's U Ultra flagship attacks the high end with a glass back, an AI companion, and a second screen
- The iPhone turns 10: Apple CEO Tim Cook promises 'the best is yet to come'
- Nokia returns to smartphones at long last, but you can't buy it (and probably don't want to)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW