Can’t wait to try out Google’s next sweet mobile OS treat? Just follow these instructions—as long as you have a Nexus phone or tablet.
Smartphones - Features
Whether you like to make short home movies or full-length features, the V10 offers some amazing manual controls for doing so.
Not one but two new Nexus phones? A new Chromecast? The final release of Android Marshmallow? Google could do it all tomorrow.
The competition between Apple and Samsung is stiff, but before this showdown’s end, a winner will emerge.
Anticipation for the next generation of Apple’s iPhones has reached fever pitch. Pre-sales for the smartphones opened over the weekend, with the range going on sale in stores stores soon on 25 September. Australia’s four largest carriers have announ...
Sony is stepping out from the shadows to take on smartphone heavyweight Samsung. Whereas its Xperia Z5 Premium, announced overnight at the IFA tradeshow, appeases the needs of multimedia users, Samsung's Note5 satisfies the demands of users driven to...
The ACCC has put smartphone makers on notice for boldly advertising products as ‘waterproof’. Manufacturers are in part to blame for hiding relevant information in the fine print, but let’s not burn them at the stake for making smartphones resistant ...
“Hey Siri, give us a hint”
The iPhone 6s release date seems to be beyond doubt now. Apple is confidently believed to be releasing the new models on September 18 in tier-one countries. This will follow a launch date thought to be September 9...
Samsung pioneered the large-screen smartphone with the original Galaxy Note. The idea of phone and tablet hybrid -- known as a phablet -- was far better executed than the device itself. Today the company launched the Note5, and it feels every bit a p...
For all the features missing from the OnePlus 2, it still manages to deliver one of the best overall experiences in its price range.
Every smartphone that has passed through our testing labs in 2016 has been rounded up on this page. Readers in the market for a new smartphone: this is a good starting point. Consider the smartphones available, narrow the selection down according...
LG’s flagship G4 has gone on sale with carriers and retailers offering freebies to anyone who places an order.
Despite rumors that Microsoft is about to kill Windows Phone, some industry observers say that's unlikely for several reasons, especially the expected gains from the rollout of Windows 10, which will run on smartphones and other devices.
The design of the smartphone takes a page from LG’s book on the G3. Its body is plastic, though silver colouring and a hairline finish give the illusion it is metallic. Contours on the smartphone’s sides make it easier to hold, which is needed becaus...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Motorola looks to pair Moto Z for a dance with Tango
- Google may be testing out a new card-based layout for the Play Store
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: Here's everything we know so far
- Android malware steals access to more than 1 million Google accounts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - Junior PM (ERP)WA
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCWeb Application SpecialistWA
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperVIC