CIO.com's Al Sacco goes hands-on with Samsung's new Galaxy S7 smartphones and spotlights the most notable new features, along with a few of the GS7 phones' potential shortcomings.
Smartphones - Features
The first big mobile show of the year gets even bigger.
The G4 was a great phone, but not the huge hit LG expected. Will the G5 draw more Android fans?
Both Apple and Samsung this week predicted slow growth for smartphone and mobile phone sales in early 2016, making investors queasy.
From Android Auto, to Stagefright, to BlackBerry entering the fold, we look back at the year in Android.
The year 2015 was a tumultuous year for smartphones. Some companies found redemption while others underwhelmed. Finger sensors became the norm, along with pixel-rich screens, extraordinary cameras and premium design. The year was kind to customers i...
Removing the headphone jack from the iPhone is a bad idea.
A month with the Nexus 6P showed that perhaps its gorgeous screen is a little too big for its operating system.
Windows 10 Mobile review: Next-gen Windows Phones focus on unique features to double down on productivity
Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 Mobile as a free upgrade to both older Windows Phones as well as its new Lumia 950 and 950XL flagship phones. Continuum, Windows Hello, and Microsoft's own apps are why you should consider this increasingly niche OS.
“With each generation the company makes measured, incremental technology improvements to its iPhone line, and this time around those changes are increasing Apple’s per-unit material cost.”
Lately I’ve been hearing the call of the Siren, luring me away from my camps at iOS and Android, towards the reimagined Windows 10 mobile.
Can’t wait to try out Google’s next sweet mobile OS treat? Just follow these instructions—as long as you have a Nexus phone or tablet.
Whether you like to make short home movies or full-length features, the V10 offers some amazing manual controls for doing so.
Not one but two new Nexus phones? A new Chromecast? The final release of Android Marshmallow? Google could do it all tomorrow.
The competition between Apple and Samsung is stiff, but before this showdown’s end, a winner will emerge.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- Android device updates: Nougat is coming to the Moto G4, G4 Plus
- Beyond smartphones, Samsung wants its Exynos 9 chip in VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW
- CCVirtualisation Engineer - IP NetworksVIC
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD
- CCDevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator - OracleQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD