With the iPhone 4's Australian launch only weeks away, we take a stroll down memory lane to look at the history of the iPhone.
iPhone Centre - Slideshows
Get ready for Apple's latest iPhone. Our close-up walk-through looks at the iPhone 4's design, as well as highlights of the new iOS 4 software.
The iPhone OS 4 upgrade, or iOS 4, arrived Monday at 1 p.m. Eastern/10 a.m. Pacific for all iPhone and iPod Touch users who had their devices hooked to iTunes. The update weighs in at 378MB, and you need the latest version of iTunes (9.2) to be able to download iOS 4.
For the newest iPhone, Apple focused visually on sleek new styling with stainless steel banding, and a dramatically improved display. Under the covers, you'll find improved battery life, and managed multitasking for applications. Apple also introduced video calls or chat, initially over Wi-Fi.
The Apple iPhone 4 was unveiled this morning by Steve Jobs at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference. The iPhone 4 will be 24 per cent thinner than its predecessor at 9.3mm thick, contain a front-facing camera, and offer greatly improved battery performance.
It was a landmark morning for Apple worshippers today, as the technology company opened a new store and launched its much hyped tablet -- the iPad.
You might be an Apple addict if...
Apple's iPad may have just been delayed in Australia until the end of May, but we've been lucky enough to get our hands on an imported US iPad well before launch.
Apple's iPad has arrived at our offices! Thanks to online mobile store MobiCity, we've been able to get our hands on the latest Apple phenomenon before it hits Australian shelves later this month. We give you the low-down on what to expect when the iPad finally arrives down under!
Let the iPad app cavalcade begin. Amazon showed off a Kindle iPad app Monday vowing to bring its e-reader and e-bookstore to the iPad.
We round up the best of the best iPhone apps for Australians
The much anticipated 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa kicks off in less than 90 days, and while some may be making the trek to see the games live (or scabbing their mate's new plasma), everybody else will be able to enjoy the games from any part of the world with a barrage of iPhone apps tailored to soccer lovers worldwide.
From arcade classics like Space Invaders to first-person shooters like Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies, we take a look at nine of the greatest shooters available on the iPhone today.
You've read the rumours for months, but now it's official: the Apple iPad is here.
A look at 26 different titles on the iPhone that gamers would consider "real" video games. Familiar franchises and known names that are a little more than the usual casual fare
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Which iPhones, iPads, and iPods support iOS 10?
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
- Apple developing new batteries to improve energy capacity in devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- CCProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW