On Wednesday Volkswagen launched its new 2010 GTI hatchback not via a television or radio commercial or an auto show floor presentation, but in Apple's App Store, thus becoming the first car company to announce a new car exclusively through a mobile ...
Here's a roundup of a wild week in smartphone news. Apple, Nokia, Research in Motion, Verizon, AT&T and others all got in on the action.
First- and third-party applications available for download on the iPhone and other smartphones may need to be submitted for classification, according to Donald McDonald, director of the Australian Classification Board.
Nokia today said it has sued Apple in federal court, charging that the iPhone infringes on 10 patents owned by the Finnish mobile phone maker.
With some considerable fanfare, Electronic Arts and Harmonix released the latest version of Rock Band (iTunes link) today -- it's now a US$9.99 iPhone app with in-game song purchasing enabled.
Our Apple-focused affiliate, MacWorld, discovered earlier today that an update to the iPhone Developer Program has allowed the use of in-app transactions in free apps, a practice that was previously limited to paid apps. With iPhone game developers d...
Apple has introduced an in-app purchase feature for free iPhone apps that allow you to fulfill transactions within the iPhone applications themselves - no Apple App Store required. The feature was previously available for paid applications.
iPhone users will be the first to gain access to a new video streaming service running over Telstra’s NextG network.
University of Utah researchers and programmers are creating an iPhone application that will let users edit massive image files containing hundreds of gigabytes of data. When you get bored with that, you can use another of their recently released appl...
Namco is using its Facebook fan page to communicate more and more about its upcoming titles these days, particularly for its mobile game and more casual titles.
There is an FM radio inside our iPhone and iPod touch devices and we may soon get to use it. That's today's tasty Apple rumor and it makes sense in a "why not?" sort of way.
Apple is developing an in-house iPhone and iPod Touch radio application, which will enable users to listen to FM radio on their existing devices, according to sources quoted by 9to5Mac.
Apparently, Apple isn't taking this whole iPhone jailbreaking hooplah too lightly. Last week, Apple began shipping 3GS iPhones with an updated bootrom (iBoot-359.3.2) that effectively blocks the current 24kpwn jailbreak exploit.
Users of Apple's Time Capsule have taken to the Web with complaints about their dead storage and wireless devices and are tallying the hardware failures in an effort to convince Apple that there's a problem.
In an updated forecast on how smartphone operating systems will fare in 2012, Gartner Inc. has moved the Apple iPhone OS to fourth place, slightly behind the BlackBerry OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Which iPhones, iPads, and iPods support iOS 10?
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
- Apple developing new batteries to improve energy capacity in devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA