I know I am only 4 days into 30 Days With the iPad, but I am already developing a list of issues and annoyances. Let's take a look at some of the problems I have encountered so far with using the iPad as a Windows 7 notebook replacement.
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps.
Every analyst, pundit, and curious bystander is pretty much convinced that Apple will debut its next-generation iPhone in August or September. Question is, will Apple introduce one iPhone or two?
On Friday, Apple released iOS 5.0 beta 2 to developers, which includes several changes plus iTunes 10.5 beta 2 and Apple TV Software beta 2.
Rumours have been circulating about the next-generation iPhone, with many expecting an iPhone 5 and others speculating a more subtle change to the device naming it the iPhone 4S.
There's a decent word game to be found in Hanging With Friends, an attempt to translate the winning Words With Friends formula to the classic game of hangman. Unfortunately, like the letters of the words you try to solve, it's hidden behind flaws and...
When Steve Jobs unveiled the original iPhone at Macworld Expo 2007, he lauded its multitouch interface. "And boy, have we patented it," he added. It seems that now, four and a half years after Jobs declared the iPhone's innovations worth protecting, ...
Here's your iPhone 5 rumor du jour: Apple's next-generation smartphone may feature a "radical" new design, one vastly different from that of the wildly successful iPhone 4.
The OfficeTime time-management desktop app has been upgraded with more than 100 improvements--and an eye on expanding its capabilities to the iPhone and iPad.
If you’ve ever spent a Saturday watching male figure skating because you couldn't find the remote, you may welcome the news from Griffin that its Beacon Universal Remote Control for iOS (first demoed at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show) is now avai...
If you're using Google Sync to connect your Gmail and Google Calendar data to your iOS device--and really, if you're not, you should be--the folks in Mountain View have whipped up a few new tweaks that will make that experience all the more pleasant.
Don't put any dirt on Nokia's coffin just yet--the company still has some life in it. A victory in its patent war with Apple means a new revenue stream for Nokia, and a stronger position to enforce its patent portfolio with other mobile device makers...
One of the 200+ new features in Apple's upcoming iOS5 is the ability to snap photos by pressing the physical volume up button. This was formerly a hidden feature in the Camera+ app by developer tap tap tap and was cause for the app's removal from the...
With this fall's iOS 5 update, Apple plans to add some new camera and photo-editing features to the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. On their own, the new tools are nothing revolutionary--most are already available in third-party apps. What will make th...
Apple didn't say one word about the next iPhone at WWDC last week, but it seems the next-generation smartphone is ready to rock your world this fall. 9 To 5 Mac says it has learnt from "a previously accurate Apple source" that the iPhone 5 or iPhone ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
- The line-up for Apple's new phones has already started in Sydney
- RIM attacks Apple's nano-SIM tactics
- Tips to keep iPhone 4S battery from draining fast
- iPhone 4S inconsistent camera auto-focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW