Remember how much everyone loved to hate AOL at the turn of the century? AOL offered bloated software, piles of unwanted installation discs, a walled garden of content, an overloaded newbie network, and a pricey dial-up service.
How often are users receiving true 3G for their data transmission speed with the iPhone 3G? After all, Apple and AT&T promote the phone as being "twice as fast" as its predecessor.
I'm now the owner of an Apple iPhone 3G, after waiting out the first-generation model.
One of biggest stories behind the release of the iPhone 3G -- and the iPhone 2.0 firmware update for first-generation iPhones -- was the inclusion of features designed for use in business environments. While many analysts and enterprise users have ar...
iPhone VoIP options
With the iPhone 3G's banner opening weekend and newsstands looking like a rack of brochures for the device, a review of the iPhone 3G at this point might be pro forma, except for one thing: Much of the iPhone 3G and the new iPhone 2.0 software remain...
The iPhone 3G may have a lock on the Sexiest Gadget Alive title for 2008, but in the frumpy and boring world of things that matter to enterprise IT managers, it's no pinup.
Companies -- lots of them -- are still buying Windows Mobile smartphones, and Microsoft doesn't want to let iPhone-mania make them forget.
It's been two weeks since the launch of the already iconic Apple iPhone 3G in Australia and the hype machine is still in overdrive. Although plenty of Australians have already snapped up iPhones, there are many who won't buy into the hype and are loo...
Yesterday we picked out the best plans on offer from Vodafone, Telstra and Optus for the iPhone 3G, but there's another issue with pricing -- how much your new phone is going to cost to use while travelling overseas.
When it comes to the iPhone 3G, Australian consumers have the choice of three carriers, pre-paid or post-paid plans, outright or monthly handset costs, and different data allowances. There are more than 36 different iPhone plans available to Australi...
Enterprise apps for the iPhone
With the release of the iPhone 2.0 software on Friday and the opening of the App Store -- where hundreds of third-party applications are now available -- Apple's iPhone has taken a major leap toward becoming a premiere mobile platform.
Mobile applications to make both your work and social lives easier.
Fresh from the Vodafone launch this morning, we had a quick look at the new iPhone 3G and its features. Here are our first impressions of the phone and how it compares to the original.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Telstra offers Apple Music in Australia
- Spotify hijacks Uber speakers
- The line-up for Apple's new phones has already started in Sydney
- RIM attacks Apple's nano-SIM tactics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA