Zip through your TiVo menus at warp speed, drive non-gaming devices with your Wii controller, and more
The Xbox 360 is no slouch in the media hub department. Here's how to take full advantage of every media function!
Why do some HD channels still display those unsightly black bars on the side of the screen? If you're receiving HD over-the-air signals on a HDTV, shouldn't it fill the whole TV screen?
Entertainment doesn't have to be expensive, even with a large HDTV and great content.
I think I'm safe in saying that iTunes is the single slowest application on my PC. It not only takes a week or two just to start up, but also seems to pause indefinitely on simple tasks like switching between different sections of the iTunes Store.
My TiVo of choice is actually a media-center PC, one running Windows Vista and its aptly named Media Center software (a staple in the Home Premium and Ultimate versions). Part of what I love about it is the extensive library of third-party tools and ...
My MP3 collection is about as eclectic as they come. I've got songs ripped from CDs, songs downloaded from countless online stores, and songs collected from, oh, let's say points unknown. Consequently, the volume levels are inconsistent across the li...
The introduction of the MP3 player enabled people to play their music anywhere, but it has had an unfortunate side effect: Folks have sacrificed the awesome audio quality that the compact disc delivered in exchange for ever tinier music players, simp...
You have movies on your PC? Me, too, and I'm using MediaGate's nifty multi-media hi-def player to wirelessly--and effortlessly--beam them to my TV.
You've no doubt already fine-tuned your existing audio setup, but why stop at optimising the audio potential of just one PC? Connecting all your computers and audio devices on a wireless network does away with the hassle of transferring CDs between m...
Letterboxing (black or grey bars on the top and bottom of the TV screen) and pillarboxing (similar bars on the sides) serve an important function: They present the content in its correct aspect ratio -- the way its creators intended it to be seen.
It usually goes like this: An ad in the paper (or online) catches your eye. It lists a few product specs and claims some special features, but that's about it. Still, the price seems okay. May as well pull out the wallet now, right? Wrong!
High-quality PC audio is important to me, as I spend a lot of time listening to music on my desktop. In previous articles I've discussed the aural advantages of lossless audio codecs (like FLAC), discrete sound cards, and specialty music player softw...
You spent a lot of money on your fancy new HDTV, but its picture probably isn't as good as it could be. If you want to see exciting sports events and movies that look the way the broadcasters and filmmakers intended, you need to calibrate your HDTV.
If you're enough of an early adopter to have an HD camcorder as well as an HDTV and a set-top Blu-ray player, you're probably itching to create high-definition discs from your footage and present them on your big HD screen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160815/P/742Asia
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW