Apple has announced a refresh of two of its most popular iPods, the iPod touch and iPod nano, along with a new version of its iTunes music software.
The Web-browser-based iView program is the latest video-on-demand venture from the nation's ABC television network. With arts, documentary, news and a host of other programs on demand, there's plenty of content available to any user with a sufficiently fast broadcast connection. Check out this slideshow for a look at the interface and some of the content available.
This is the Kipnis Studio Standard. It was built with the intention of creating the best possible movie experience possible. Read on to find out where all that money went.
While we're enduring winter, over in the US summer is just kicking into gear. And nothing says summer more than a bunch of awesome gear and toys. GamePro (US) went out and rounded up some amazing tech that's sure to help you maximise your time in the sun. Once we finally get some Down Under! So grab your lawn chairs and your sunscreen as we unveil GamePro's Summer Vacation Gear Guide for 2008.
The most important thing about a personal video recorder, apart from its technical features, is its interface. As well as talking about what the TiVO HD can do, we take you through its easy-to-use menus.
This week, Philips Australia launched its Consumer Lifestyle product range for 2008 against the eerie backdrop of a closed Lunar Park. Although the carnival atmosphere was lacking, there was still plenty to get excited about at the low-key event, with new HD TVs, home theatre systems, DVD recorders and multimedia players jostling for room among a deluge of homeware and grooming products. For a look at some of the highlights, check out the following slideshow.
Don't like Aerosmith? What band-specific Guitar Hero would you like to see? Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, launching 29 June, isn't just a collection of songs grouped together by artist for a stand-alone rhythm game. It's sort of like Behind the Music in interactive form, letting players vicariously relive Aerosmith's 30 year performance history in near-chronological order, from high school to international stardom. So based on mega-platinum sales on multiple occasions (read: broad appeal), a storied history, and anthemic riffs, here are the top five bands we'd like to see in their own Guitar Hero games.
We take a look at the late special-effects artist's greatest moments
Apple's first retail store in Australia will open in Sydney's George Street on Thursday, 19 June at 5:00p.m. Check out our sneak preview!
Apple Inc. announced the latest iteration of its mobile phone, the iPhone 3G.
Take a look at Panasonic's new range of Home Entertainment products for 2008, including the first Blu-ray personal video recorder, and the latest and greatest in home theatre.
Buying a gift for Mother's Day can be a grueling task for clueless offspring. There are only so many fluffy slippers, gift hampers and romantic comedies you can buy before it all starts to wear a bit thin. But there's no reason why your present needs to be so predictable and boring — chances are that your mum is a lot more tech-savvy than you think. For some last-minute gift ideas, check out the following slideshow. (And if you happen to be a mum, grab a pen and some paper — it's time to compile your ultimate wish list!)
Five great accessories to take your iPhone to the next level
Quick looks at the coolest new devices for the Apple fans in your life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC