The old saying goes, "Be nice to geeks--you'll end up working for them someday." But in fiction, some geeks go on to even greater things, like fighting crime, changing history, or saving the world.
So, you've finally splurged out on a brand-spanking HD home theatre to wow your friends with - along with any strangers who happen to pass by your house window. (Try not to stare as they press their noses forlornly to the glass. You'll only be encouraging them.)
Grab a BlackBerry, a Canon SLR and more!
How Do You Spell 'Fan'? You're not a true geek until you eat, breathe, and live your geeky obsession--the key word here being live. How do you display your geekiness at home? Do you have a poster? A few figurines? Perhaps even Space Invaders wall decals? Well, a few people out there have gone a step further in expressing themselves: They've transformed their homes into übergeek havens, sometimes at great personal expense. Here are some of the geekiest homes and apartments we could find, from a low-impact Hobbit house to a 3.3-million-brick Lego house to a Star Trek apartment.
We help you get a great deal on digital cameras, TVs and smartphones
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
Back in 2006, an entry-level Blu-ray player would set you back $1000 or more. Today, anything over $500 is considered pretty pricey. There has consequently never been a better time to buy a Blu-ray player (don’t you feel smart for waiting?)
Pick up some great bargains.
Best deals of the week: 19 February
An HD home cinema system is only as good as the Blu-ray movie you're watching. Let's face it – while Driving Miss Daisy might be a good film, it's not the best thing to show off your state-of-the-art surround sound system with, is it? Whether you’re a serious audiophile or just want your system to sound its best, you need a movie soundtrack with plenty of 'oomph' behind it. On the other hand, aural light-and-shade is also very important – the best sounding Blu-ray movies aren't necessarily the ones with the biggest explosions!
Apple's iPad is a multi-function device that focuses on multimedia and some productivity apps, but also functions as an e-reader with a new iBook store of EPub format books.
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
You've read the rumours for months, but now it's official: the Apple iPad is here.
When Amazon released its first-generation Kindle, the company was light years ahead of the market, with virtually no competition for digital readers’ eyeballs. In 2010, though, the e-reader universe is not only set to explode, but it’s also set to fragment. What defines an e-reader? Is it only a device with an electronic paper-like display? Is it a device (tablet or otherwise) that has an LCD screen? Or does software turn any device into an e-Reader?
Move over, Kindle -- this year promises a slew of devices that will make it easier than ever to digitally consume books. We highlight the latest from CES.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW