Don't know what to buy your dad this Father's Day? Let PC World Australia help find you the best Father's Day gift. From Google's excellent Nexus 7 tablet to Bowers & Wilkins stylish P3 headphones, we've found something for every type of father!
Home Entertainment - Roundups
If you want to record TV, or play digital TV on an old TV set, you'll want a set-top box or personal video recorder. We've consolidated all our PVR reviews here for easy access.
If you want to watch a movie that will make your new Full HD LED or plasma TV look good, you'll need a Blu-ray player. We've rounded up all our Blu-ray player reviews in one place.
If you want to watch 3D movies on your new TV, you'll need a 3D Blu-ray player. We've rounded up every single 3D Blu-ray player available in Australia that we've reviewed.
If you've got a big LCD or plasma TV, it would be a shame not to spoil it with some high quality Full HD Blu-ray movies... and for that, you need a Blu-ray player. We've picked out what we think are the best Blu-ray players in Australia so far this y...
If you want to buy a device to bring your old analog TV into the 21st century, a digital TV set top box is the easiest way to go about it. All you need to do is plug it into your TV antenna and connect it to your TV, and you'll have future-proof acce...
If you want to watch downloaded movies, play music or watch slideshows on your TV, the best way to do it is to buy a media streamer. These dedicated boxes hook up to your home network and TV to display all the shared files you've got, and can also pl...
Panasonic's Blu-ray players may not have the same diverse feature-set [[artnid:380360|as Sony's]], but they're still great at playing Blu-ray and DVD movies. Panasonic also makes an excellent range of Blu-ray digital TV recorders with internal hard d...
Sony makes great Blu-ray players and hard-drive-based digital TV recorders. We've put together a roundup of all our reviews from 2010 and 2011 -- so if you're looking for help choosing a Blu-ray player, read through and you should find something good...
Buying a Samsung Blu-ray player from last year right now is a great value purchase -- they're very cheap and are likely to get even cheaper with new models coming out in April and May. We've put together a list of every Samsung Blu-ray player that we...
If you've got a shiny new TV and a Blu-ray player, but want to play back music or photo or video files from your PC or notebook, a media player is the way to go. You can load up these devices with media files and easily access them, or you can connec...
If you're admiring your shiny new 3D TV but don't have any tri-dimensional content to play on it, we'd strongly suggest picking up a 3D Blu-ray player and some 3D Blu-ray movies. Each major manufacturer -- we're talking LG, Sony, Panasonic, and Samsu...
2010 was a busy year for home entertainment products.
HD PVRs and Blu-ray recorders are hard drive-equipped entertainment systems that let you record television in high-definition. Most models come with useful additional features, including 1080p DVD upscaling, inbuilt digital TV tuners, multimedia supp...
For the past few years, Sony and Panasonic have been at the forefront of Blu-ray technology. The format was developed and pioneered by Sony, which makes them a top authority on the subject. Panasonic, meanwhile, has introduced many firsts into the Au...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Security AnalystACT
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCVirtualisation Engineer - IP NetworksVIC
- FTData Centre Technical SpecialistACT
- CCMEAN Stack Developer - Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD