The Bose SoundLink Mini is one of the best sounding portable Bluetooth speakers on the market and really packs a punch for its compact size.
The Jongo S3 is part of a new family of wireless speakers from Pure. It has integrated Wi-Fi and a Bluetooth dongle, an accompanying app for iOS and Android, and a 360-degree omnidirectional sound design. With an internal rechargeable battery, it’s m...
Toshiba's little TY-SP1 Bluetooth speaker may not be as flashy as the Beats by Dre Pill, nor can it serve up sound quality as good as the Bose SoundLink Mini. Instead, it's a simple and relatively inexpensive speaker that's designed to suit portable ...
Foxtel Play is a new, streamlined IPTV service from Australia’s largest cable TV company, with a no-contract subscription, reduced prices and updated packages. It’s meant to get Foxtel in the hands of anyone who doesn’t want a complicated, locked-in...
Dune HD is a Taiwanese company with a trio of media streamers. The Dune HD Base 3D, the current top dog, houses a 3.5-inch internal hard drive, while the lesser Dune HD TV-303D uses the same platform but moves to a 2.5-inch drive to save space. The T...
Portable Bluetooth speakers seem to be one of the most popular consumer technology devices right now, so it's no surprise to see Beats jump into the game. The Beats Pill is compact, well designed and easy to use, but it lacks bass, distorts at high v...
Over the years, Google has had a few attempts at bringing content from your Android phone or tablet to your TV -- like the aborted Nexus Q, and the various incarnations of the Google TV.
Google's new Chromecast device wants to make it dead-simple to play Internet video on your TV, using a huge range of phones, tablets, and laptops as your controller.
Designed for a purpose opposite to the company’s in-ear monitors, the UE Boom joins the three other wireless speakers in turning your smartphone or tablet into a portable music powerhouse -- it’s small and light, but packs a capacious battery and two...
The venerable DVD is almost twenty years old. Blu-ray (and HD-DVD, may it rest in peace) is already a precocious seven years old. It looks like the future of video storage is going to be online, cloud-based, streamable and downloadable. The Dune HD ...
The Tivoli Music System is a small, integrated hi-fi that will work wonders in a bedroom or small-sized living room. It has all you need in a sturdy, good-looking wooden enclosure. You might balk at the over-$1000 price tag, but exceptional audio per...
The wooden look of the Bush BR40DAB portable digital radio is attractive, and its sound quality is decent enough for a small radio. However, the control buttons on the front, and the menu system in general, just don't make for an enjoyable user exper...
The Braven 650 is a premium portable Bluetooth speaker, joining a category kick-started by the Jawbone JAMBOX. It’s a versatile little device, although you pay for its convenience. As small speakers go, it sounds good.
Streaming music services have taken Australia by storm in the last year. Spotify’s first birthday is in a couple of weeks, and Rdio is another six months older than that. Both are incredibly popular, and users are listening on PCs, smartphones and ta...
Sonos’s wireless home music systems have always been deserving of a place in your living room, bedroom, or study -- every one of the company’s Wi-Fi speakers, from the compact PLAY:3 to the larger PLAY:5 and SUB, is the best in its class when it come...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC