Trends Audio is another company in the vein of Kingrex. Trends Audio's flagship amplifier product is the TA10.1. It’s thinner but taller than its Kingrex competitor and packs the same kind of warm, clear aural tone. If you just want to use this to po...
The HF11 is a high-definition camcorder that records AVCHD video to SD/SDHC memory cards. It is Canon’s second stab at a camcorder with removable flash memory, and there are no prizes for guessing which model it replaces.
Edius aims to be the plucky little video editor that could. Going up against three major competitors -- Adobe’s Premiere Pro, Apple’s Final Cut Pro, and Avid’s Media Composer -- Edius 5 aims to outperform its rivals and offer a faster and more flexib...
Network-attached storage (NAS) devices have traditionally been a labyrinth of networking protocols and port-forwarding features, making them the domain of expert users.
Sharp’s ANPR1500H is a stylish step-up from its predecessor, and it packs in a range of new elements that make it an attractive proposition.
Sanyo’s TUHD1000 is a high-definition television set-top box that, frankly, does everything it professes to. It quickly and accurately scans channels, outputs them in high definition with all the appropriate connectors and doesn’t have much to go wro...
Packing in all the features you’d expect from a modern media player, Sony’s NWZ-E436F is a very solid unit.
Unlike KWorld's 399U, which is a dual digital TV tuner, the 380U is only a single tuner. It has a USB 2.0 interface on one end and an antenna port on the other end, but it's not easy to install and its software interface, like the 399U's, is very poo...
The TiVo has been around for over 10 years in various forms and iterations, but it's only landed on Australian shores relatively recently. Its mediocre technical specifications are bolstered by its interactive features, resulting in a device that's v...
It's easy to turn your PC or notebook into a TV with a USB-based digital TV tuner device, and KWorld's is special in that it is a dual-tuner device. It's compact and it doesn't get warm after prolonged periods of use. But it's severely let down by it...
Edifier's M3200 PC speakers sit in the middle of the company’s PC stereo line-up, underneath the significantly dearer and quite impressive S730.
Akai is not exactly a familiar brand around our offices. Despite offering mid-range AV products for many years, we’ve never looked at an Akai TV before. However that has changed with the L842DDFD, which is Akai’s latest foray into the flat panel TV m...
A new high-definition camcorder from Canon is always cause for celebration at the GoodGearGuide office. Call us vendor biased if you will, but the company has never failed to deliver the goods.
Coming in at the top of Panasonic's 2008 home entertainment range is the SC-BT105, a home theatre that combines a fully-featured Blu-ray disc player, an iPod dock with video playback capability and a full 5.1 speaker system. It's powerful and has a b...
If camcorders were types of wine, the Canon range would be an exceptionally fine vintage preferred by foppish aristocrats and worldly connoisseurs. Time and time again, the company’s optical and imaging maestros have produced the best models for seri...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC