Samsung's YP-Q1 is a flash-based portable media player that has plenty of features at a fair price. Unfortunately, it suffers from an occasionally laggy interface and a lack of drag-and-drop functionality.
Home Entertainment - Reviews
When a line-in cable and a suitable amplifier and speaker system are nowhere to be found, a dedicated iPod speaker dock comes in handy. Fitting the bill is the Mi2013 Travel speaker dock from Memorex. It's easy to use, looks good and is capable of fi...
Unlike iDrum, RjDj Album won't help you create new tracks for the dance floor and unlike Shazam, it won't identify that Wham! song. However, it does offer an innovative approach to music creation.
Arcam’s Solo Mini music system follows the tide of other hi-fi companies entering the digital age by embracing USB and iPod connectivity. To the Solo Mini’s credit, these additions work well and do not detract from the high standard of CD and radio r...
A third version of iZotope's popular iDrum virtual instrument application has been released for the iPhone, in the form of a Ministry of Sound Anthems edition. Little has changed at the core of the application, but the addition of new samples, loops ...
Like the rest of Logitech’s range of Pure-Fi products, the Pure-Fi Express Plus is built to a high standard. It's an iPod dock and alarm clock that doesn’t have a complicated interface. For a casual listener or traveller it’s a good choice.
Samsung's Series 8 TVs are nestled between the incredibly impressive Series 7 and Series 9. They are more expensive than the Series 7 units and only a little cheaper than the Series 9 TVs, which means for many people the incredible LED backlight of t...
The Flip Mino is the latest addition to Firebox’s range of miniature Net-focused camcorders. Like its popular predecessors, it combines basic video functionality with an affordable price tag, making it an ideal gadget for kids, high school drama depa...
Logitech makes the enticing claim that its Z-5 speakers provide omnidirectional audio, and the speakers' small form factor makes them attractive for users with under-sized desks. However, they have no AC adapter, meaning you need a PC to use them. Mo...
Kogan is a company that prides itself on offering low prices on popular consumer products while still delivering all the features and support of products from better-known companies. The company's Blu-ray player is a great product -- fast, quiet and ...
Released at the same time as Philips' SHE9550, the Philips SHE9620 headphones offer a slightly different listening experience. While the SHE9550s were incredibly bass heavy, these IEMs (in-ear monitors) focus more on providing a clear, neutral listen...
Hybrid Television Services yesterday announced its aims for the TiVo in 2009, attempting to reposition it as a convergent media device rather than a TV-only product. CEO Robbee Minicola said it was the company’s aim to produce a service rather than a...
As we stride purposefully into the 21st century and beyond, more and more people are storing digital content on their computers -- especially when it comes to home entertainment. After all, why subject your living room to a tottering mountain of burn...
Logitech’s Squeezebox Boom is a media streamer that combines all the functionality of previous Squeezebox products with an updated control system and a great set of attached speakers.
The YP-U4 is the latest cut-price miniature MP3 player from Samsung. Combining sleek good looks, 4GB of storage, plug-and-play functionality and an integrated USB plug, it has clearly been designed with user-friendliness in mind. It also includes add...
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 requiredSA
- CCCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW