If there's one question we're sick of hearing as technology journalists it's whether plasma or LCD TVs are better. Usually you give a spiel about LCDs being better for bright rooms and offering sharper pictures but plasmas having better blacks and co...
The DAV-IS50 is a DVD home theatre system with Sony’s trademark golf-ball sized satellite speakers and an interesting subwoofer design. It offers a lot of flexibility in speaker placement, but it compromises on overall sound quality. Nevertheless, pl...
If you're sick of waking up to the dulcet tones of breakfast radio DJs, then the Logitech Pure-Fi Anytime might be the device for you. Coupling a regular alarm clock with an iPod dock it allows you to wake up to the songs of your choice while also pr...
The new technologies seem to be flying thick and fast in the TV space lately. First 100Hz and 24p, followed by LED backlights, and now Sony has brought to market the first unit with a 200Hz mode -- the Z4500. It features all the bells and whistles yo...
Sony’s PSLX300USB is a turntable with a little added pizzazz in the form of USB connectivity. It isn’t as feature-laden or as well built as some other models we’ve come across, but as a device for copying your old, damaged vinyls to PC it’s a god-sen...
The Arcam Solo Movie 5.1 is a one-piece home cinema system aimed at serious audio/visual enthusiasts. It combines a universal disc player with a five-channel Class G amplifier and throws in an AM-FM radio to boot.
Featuring a slimline design that particularly complements the look of the [[prodid:6615]], Philips’ DC910 docking entertainment system isn’t just all about looks. This sleek unit manages to deliver 30 Watts of power output and boasts dual subwoofers ...
Teac’s DV221 is a particularly small DVD player. It doesn’t have anything special in the way of functionality, but its size and low noise output mean it is well suited to hiding away in a cupboard.
Harman Kardon is a legendary name in the home theatre business. The products it releases are by and large of exceedingly high quality. The HK 3490 is no different. It’s a stereo receiver that provides fantastically clean and crisp amplification, as w...
The Archos 5 touch-screen media player offers spectacular video and music playback to go along with its elegant design. It also has a multitude of available accessories and features.
Tivoli’s NetWorks Radio means you no longer need a computer to be able to access Internet streams. However, it doesn’t blow away the competition, and it struggles in a few key areas.
Teac’s DV3131 is the first of the company’s latest release DVD players. It's available for a budget price while still offering all the necessary functionality for playing DVDs.
In their digital audio collection, most people have songs ripped from CDs, songs downloaded from countless online stores, and songs collected from, oh, let's say points unknown. Consequently, the volume levels are inconsistent across the library: som...
Trends Audio is another company in the vein of Kingrex. Trends Audio's flagship amplifier product is the TA10.1. It’s thinner but taller than its Kingrex competitor and packs the same kind of warm, clear aural tone. If you just want to use this to po...
The HF11 is a high-definition camcorder that records AVCHD video to SD/SDHC memory cards. It is Canon’s second stab at a camcorder with removable flash memory, and there are no prizes for guessing which model it replaces.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player debuts locally in May
- Report: Amazon wants to take on Spotify with a new music streaming service
- Apple is reportedly seeking exclusive content for the Apple TV
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT