Despite having been all but abandoned by the consumer-level camcorder industry, HDV remains the high-definition format of choice for serious videographers. No other codec offers the same level of support and reliability, nor the comforting familiarit...
From UK high-end audio specialist Chord Electronics comes a true crossover product, a digital audio converter expressly designed to become the missing link between a mobile phone and a stereo hi-fi system.
If there's one question we're sick of hearing as technology journalists it's whether plasma or LCD TVs are better. Usually you give a spiel about LCDs being better for bright rooms and offering sharper pictures but plasmas having better blacks and co...
The DAV-IS50 is a DVD home theatre system with Sony’s trademark golf-ball sized satellite speakers and an interesting subwoofer design. It offers a lot of flexibility in speaker placement, but it compromises on overall sound quality. Nevertheless, pl...
If you're sick of waking up to the dulcet tones of breakfast radio DJs, then the Logitech Pure-Fi Anytime might be the device for you. Coupling a regular alarm clock with an iPod dock it allows you to wake up to the songs of your choice while also pr...
The new technologies seem to be flying thick and fast in the TV space lately. First 100Hz and 24p, followed by LED backlights, and now Sony has brought to market the first unit with a 200Hz mode -- the Z4500. It features all the bells and whistles yo...
Sony’s PSLX300USB is a turntable with a little added pizzazz in the form of USB connectivity. It isn’t as feature-laden or as well built as some other models we’ve come across, but as a device for copying your old, damaged vinyls to PC it’s a god-sen...
The Arcam Solo Movie 5.1 is a one-piece home cinema system aimed at serious audio/visual enthusiasts. It combines a universal disc player with a five-channel Class G amplifier and throws in an AM-FM radio to boot.
Featuring a slimline design that particularly complements the look of the [[prodid:6615]], Philips’ DC910 docking entertainment system isn’t just all about looks. This sleek unit manages to deliver 30 Watts of power output and boasts dual subwoofers ...
Teac’s DV221 is a particularly small DVD player. It doesn’t have anything special in the way of functionality, but its size and low noise output mean it is well suited to hiding away in a cupboard.
Harman Kardon is a legendary name in the home theatre business. The products it releases are by and large of exceedingly high quality. The HK 3490 is no different. It’s a stereo receiver that provides fantastically clean and crisp amplification, as w...
The Archos 5 touch-screen media player offers spectacular video and music playback to go along with its elegant design. It also has a multitude of available accessories and features.
Tivoli’s NetWorks Radio means you no longer need a computer to be able to access Internet streams. However, it doesn’t blow away the competition, and it struggles in a few key areas.
Teac’s DV3131 is the first of the company’s latest release DVD players. It's available for a budget price while still offering all the necessary functionality for playing DVDs.
In their digital audio collection, most people have songs ripped from CDs, songs downloaded from countless online stores, and songs collected from, oh, let's say points unknown. Consequently, the volume levels are inconsistent across the library: som...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW