A third version of iZotope's popular iDrum virtual instrument application has been released for the iPhone, in the form of a Ministry of Sound Anthems edition. Little has changed at the core of the application, but the addition of new samples, loops ...
Like the rest of Logitech’s range of Pure-Fi products, the Pure-Fi Express Plus is built to a high standard. It's an iPod dock and alarm clock that doesn’t have a complicated interface. For a casual listener or traveller it’s a good choice.
Samsung's Series 8 TVs are nestled between the incredibly impressive Series 7 and Series 9. They are more expensive than the Series 7 units and only a little cheaper than the Series 9 TVs, which means for many people the incredible LED backlight of t...
The Flip Mino is the latest addition to Firebox’s range of miniature Net-focused camcorders. Like its popular predecessors, it combines basic video functionality with an affordable price tag, making it an ideal gadget for kids, high school drama depa...
Logitech makes the enticing claim that its Z-5 speakers provide omnidirectional audio, and the speakers' small form factor makes them attractive for users with under-sized desks. However, they have no AC adapter, meaning you need a PC to use them. Mo...
Kogan is a company that prides itself on offering low prices on popular consumer products while still delivering all the features and support of products from better-known companies. The company's Blu-ray player is a great product -- fast, quiet and ...
Released at the same time as Philips' SHE9550, the Philips SHE9620 headphones offer a slightly different listening experience. While the SHE9550s were incredibly bass heavy, these IEMs (in-ear monitors) focus more on providing a clear, neutral listen...
Hybrid Television Services yesterday announced its aims for the TiVo in 2009, attempting to reposition it as a convergent media device rather than a TV-only product. CEO Robbee Minicola said it was the company’s aim to produce a service rather than a...
As we stride purposefully into the 21st century and beyond, more and more people are storing digital content on their computers -- especially when it comes to home entertainment. After all, why subject your living room to a tottering mountain of burn...
Logitech’s Squeezebox Boom is a media streamer that combines all the functionality of previous Squeezebox products with an updated control system and a great set of attached speakers.
The YP-U4 is the latest cut-price miniature MP3 player from Samsung. Combining sleek good looks, 4GB of storage, plug-and-play functionality and an integrated USB plug, it has clearly been designed with user-friendliness in mind. It also includes add...
One of the smaller TVs we've looked at in recent months, Panasonic's Viera TX-32LZD800A is a relatively good Full HD TV. It has a few image quality issues but the overall performance maintains Panasonic's tradition of providing high quality displays....
The combination of powerful motion and graphics toolsets –- along with a relatively low price –- has made After Effects the most popular compositing software on the market. The CS4 version is still the best application available for high-end motion-g...
During the last year or so Philips has consistently managed to produce high quality IEMs that are reasonably priced. The SHE9550 headphones are its latest effort and they are no different. With a price tag just a little over $50, they are extremely a...
Despite having been all but abandoned by the consumer-level camcorder industry, HDV remains the high-definition format of choice for serious videographers. No other codec offers the same level of support and reliability, nor the comforting familiarit...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
- Indiepix Unlimited wants to be the Netflix of independent film
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW