Panasonic's DMP-BD35 is a feature-packed and reasonably priced Blu-ray disc player. If you are looking for a unit to jump onto the Blu-ray bandwagon with, it should definitely be on your list.
Home Entertainment - Reviews
The Fiio S3 is a portable speaker that is easy to transport and it provides a welcome volume boost to the internal speakers of laptops, iPods and other MP3 players.
Claiming to be more than a "bland square box that sits beside the bed", Memorex's Mi2001 Clock Radio iPod dock doesn’t do anything different from the norm. While the price is extremely competitive, at the end of the day the Mi2001 is exactly what it ...
Toshiba’s SD-P91SKY is a portable DVD player that does not have the resolution of more expensive units, but instead focuses on extra functionality.
The Tyagi 2298 LCD television is a 22in panel suitable for smaller living spaces. A built-in DVD player means your movie collection is easily accessible, while multiple digital inputs let it double as a PC monitor. It does not produce a brilliant pic...
Combining wireless connectivity, a high level of portability and decent battery life, ASUS' SP-BT23 speaker is a decent option for listening to music indoors or outside. Its sound quality leaves much to be desired, but it is very convenient.
Alongside sad and obsessive Facebook freaks, video bloggers are fast becoming the number one scourge of the Internet. It feels like everyone and their grandma are uploading video diaries these days, ranging from giddy kneed Zac Efron crush-gushing to...
Although "all the bass in half the space" -- Altec Lansing’s motto for its Expressionist BASS FX3022 speaker set — is not entirely true, it does speak volumes about the aim of the system. But is it really possible to squeeze a full-sounding sub...
The Sound Blaster X-Fi Go is a portable sound card that offers a quality boost over on-board solutions. For the music lover or gamer on the go it is a worthwhile investment.
Altec Lansing’s Expressionist FX2020 speakers have a different design to the company's other model in the Expressionist series, with a design similar to Sony’s 'floating glass' television motif. The speakers' styling sets them apart from other budget...
Sony ACID Pro 7 is a powerful pro-level DAW (digital audio workstation) package for music creation.
With its 22in touch screen, HP's TouchSmart IQ518 is one of the most interesting PCs on the market. It offers a new way to interact with a PC, giving it more of a kiosk feel right in your own home.
You've got to love a software company that would actually name a program Fruity Loops. It's now been renamed called FL Studio to rein in the more staid customers, as well as reflect the program's move from a strictly loop-based (arranging looped samp...
Beyond being available for the Mac once more, the last version of Premiere Pro was low on new features – so more than any other CS4 product, it’s due an upgrade. This is particularly so as it faces strong competition from Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid...
If you're interested in sharing your PowerPoint presentations as DVDs to be played on a DVD player, Wondershare PPT2DVD gives you a simple, no-fuss way to do it.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD