The Cyber Acoustics AC-9650 is a gaming headset with excellent audio and a good microphone, but it can be slightly awkward sometimes.
Home Entertainment - Reviews
Apple’s In-Ear Headphones are a step up in quality from the bundled iPod ear-buds. Their in-ear design offers passive noise isolation as well as better bass and overall sound quality.
The AAD S Series speaker set is positioned above the [[artnid:259035|entry-level AAD M Series|Review: AAD M Series]], with a price tag that reflects its premium status. The increase in sound quality is impressive, as is the styling.
Altec Lansing's iM600 portable iPod dock offers surprisingly good sound quality for its size. Although it won't blow you away in terms of features, it is definitely good value for money.
MP3Producer is an app that rips CDs to create MP3 files.
For years now, compact camera manufacturers have offered special ‘ruggedised’ models for hard-hitting lifestyles, such as the ubiquitous Olympus Tough range. Unfortunately, the camcorder industry has been slow to catch up. Thankfully, Oregon Scientif...
The Sony DCR-HC52 can be viewed as both the elderly gent and the squalling infant of its handycam family. Recording standard-definition video to Mini DV tape, it’s a stubbornly old-school device that also happens to be the company's entry-level produ...
Jamendo is a community-based music download site where the music is absolutely free.
Logitech's Harmony 1100i universal remote control is an update to the company's Harmony 1000i. Despite a few frustrations, the minor software and design tweaks offered by the Harmony 1100i make it easier to use.
It's rare that we can call something a pig and mean it in a good way, but that's the case with the Amethyst iPig iPod Buddy: an interesting iPod dock with a bacon-based design that delivers high quality audio.
The Canon HF100 is a high-definition camcorder that records AVCHD video to SD/SDHC memory cards. Despite having a beefier sounding name, it’s actually a downgraded version of Canon’s HF11. The main difference has to do with the internal flash memory ...
Sharp’s LC-46D85X is a full HD 1080p LCD television with 100Hz technology that combines a classy, understated design with a simple interface and great picture quality.
The JVC NX-F3 is a 2.1 speaker home entertainment system with an excellent DVD upscaler, good sound quality, a large variety of connections and simple installation.
The Cygnett Unison i-XT is an iPod dock and 2.1 speaker set. Although it lacks clock, radio and equaliser functions, it provides a helpful variety of connections like S-Video out as well as remarkably good audio.
The InFocus IN5108 is a large, powerful projector that is designed for displaying images in bright environments. It does this capably, and it also acquits itself well when displaying high-definition video.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- TPData AnalystQLD
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- CCChange / Communications AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutions - www.class.com.auNSW
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW