Altec Lansing's iM600 portable iPod dock offers surprisingly good sound quality for its size. Although it won't blow you away in terms of features, it is definitely good value for money.
Home Entertainment - Reviews
MP3Producer is an app that rips CDs to create MP3 files.
For years now, compact camera manufacturers have offered special ‘ruggedised’ models for hard-hitting lifestyles, such as the ubiquitous Olympus Tough range. Unfortunately, the camcorder industry has been slow to catch up. Thankfully, Oregon Scientif...
The Sony DCR-HC52 can be viewed as both the elderly gent and the squalling infant of its handycam family. Recording standard-definition video to Mini DV tape, it’s a stubbornly old-school device that also happens to be the company's entry-level produ...
Jamendo is a community-based music download site where the music is absolutely free.
Logitech's Harmony 1100i universal remote control is an update to the company's Harmony 1000i. Despite a few frustrations, the minor software and design tweaks offered by the Harmony 1100i make it easier to use.
It's rare that we can call something a pig and mean it in a good way, but that's the case with the Amethyst iPig iPod Buddy: an interesting iPod dock with a bacon-based design that delivers high quality audio.
The Canon HF100 is a high-definition camcorder that records AVCHD video to SD/SDHC memory cards. Despite having a beefier sounding name, it’s actually a downgraded version of Canon’s HF11. The main difference has to do with the internal flash memory ...
Sharp’s LC-46D85X is a full HD 1080p LCD television with 100Hz technology that combines a classy, understated design with a simple interface and great picture quality.
The JVC NX-F3 is a 2.1 speaker home entertainment system with an excellent DVD upscaler, good sound quality, a large variety of connections and simple installation.
The Cygnett Unison i-XT is an iPod dock and 2.1 speaker set. Although it lacks clock, radio and equaliser functions, it provides a helpful variety of connections like S-Video out as well as remarkably good audio.
The InFocus IN5108 is a large, powerful projector that is designed for displaying images in bright environments. It does this capably, and it also acquits itself well when displaying high-definition video.
WinAVI Video Converter is a nice little video conversion utility that creates VCDs, SVCDs and DVDs.
Fiio is not a well-known company, but its E5 headphone amplifier is a great cut-price product. Housed in a tiny chassis, it delivers a noticeable volume and bass boost, and its battery life is gratifyingly long.
Sub-$100 in-ear headphones are often of poor quality but SoundMAGIC bucks the trend with the PL30 "professional earphones": a pair of comfortable canalphones that provide excellent sound quality at a bargain price.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
- The guts of Onkyo's SBT-A500 sound bar come in an external box to give the speaker an ultra-low profile
- Plex embraces Kodi as Plex Media Player becomes available to all
- 'Google Cast' is being phased out in favor of Chromecast for connected TVs and speakers
- PlayStation Vue is now available on Apple TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA