The Fiio S3 is a portable speaker that is easy to transport and it provides a welcome volume boost to the internal speakers of laptops, iPods and other MP3 players.
Claiming to be more than a "bland square box that sits beside the bed", Memorex's Mi2001 Clock Radio iPod dock doesn’t do anything different from the norm. While the price is extremely competitive, at the end of the day the Mi2001 is exactly what it ...
Toshiba’s SD-P91SKY is a portable DVD player that does not have the resolution of more expensive units, but instead focuses on extra functionality.
The Tyagi 2298 LCD television is a 22in panel suitable for smaller living spaces. A built-in DVD player means your movie collection is easily accessible, while multiple digital inputs let it double as a PC monitor. It does not produce a brilliant pic...
Combining wireless connectivity, a high level of portability and decent battery life, ASUS' SP-BT23 speaker is a decent option for listening to music indoors or outside. Its sound quality leaves much to be desired, but it is very convenient.
Alongside sad and obsessive Facebook freaks, video bloggers are fast becoming the number one scourge of the Internet. It feels like everyone and their grandma are uploading video diaries these days, ranging from giddy kneed Zac Efron crush-gushing to...
Although "all the bass in half the space" -- Altec Lansing’s motto for its Expressionist BASS FX3022 speaker set — is not entirely true, it does speak volumes about the aim of the system. But is it really possible to squeeze a full-sounding sub...
The Sound Blaster X-Fi Go is a portable sound card that offers a quality boost over on-board solutions. For the music lover or gamer on the go it is a worthwhile investment.
Altec Lansing’s Expressionist FX2020 speakers have a different design to the company's other model in the Expressionist series, with a design similar to Sony’s 'floating glass' television motif. The speakers' styling sets them apart from other budget...
Sony ACID Pro 7 is a powerful pro-level DAW (digital audio workstation) package for music creation.
With its 22in touch screen, HP's TouchSmart IQ518 is one of the most interesting PCs on the market. It offers a new way to interact with a PC, giving it more of a kiosk feel right in your own home.
You've got to love a software company that would actually name a program Fruity Loops. It's now been renamed called FL Studio to rein in the more staid customers, as well as reflect the program's move from a strictly loop-based (arranging looped samp...
Beyond being available for the Mac once more, the last version of Premiere Pro was low on new features – so more than any other CS4 product, it’s due an upgrade. This is particularly so as it faces strong competition from Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid...
If you're interested in sharing your PowerPoint presentations as DVDs to be played on a DVD player, Wondershare PPT2DVD gives you a simple, no-fuss way to do it.
Not to be confused with the Orbit-MP3, Altec Lansing's orbit MP3 (IM237) is a highly portable speaker designed to share music from MP3 players and notebooks. Boasting a driver that is capable of blasting music at a reasonable volume without distortio...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCHelpdesk (Level 1 Support)QLD