You may not realise this when you first look at it, but Intel's Next Unit of Computing (or simply, NUC), is a powerful computer that's perfect for a huge range of exciting applications. It's a computer that is centered around an Intel Desktop motherb...
Home Entertainment - News
Warner Bros. Entertainment is planning to be the first distributor in Australia to release its Blu-ray and DVD movies and TV shows with a free bonus: the UltraViolet movie streaming and download service. Importantly, the cloud-based video streaming s...
SBS has re-launched its SBS 2 digital TV multi-channel, alongside a unique service that will stream entire original series online as soon as the first episode is broadcast on TV.
In the brightening light of renewed competition from established Smart TV heavyweights Samsung and LG, Panasonic has unveiled its 2013 range of VIERA LED-LCD and plasma TVs. The range is made up of a total of 25 models: 19 LED-LCD and six plasma. Siz...
Harman/Kardon has a long and distinguished history of making excellent audio equipment -- whether it’s something as simple as a pair of computer speakers, or a high-end home cinema receiver/amplifier.
Bowers & Wilkins has a new loudspeaker out, and it’s not designed to sit in your living room next to an expensive amplifier and turntable --it’s better suited to your balcony, patio or your swimming pool.
Sonos has, in the last year, completed what is now a comprehensive wireless home speaker line-up. It’s got the PLAY:5, SUB, PLAYBAR, and the little PLAY:3. The PLAY:3 is the cheapest Sonos speaker you can buy, and it's just as powerful as any of the ...
Foxtel’s Go app, originally made for the iPad, has had a makeover -- it’s now also available for the iPhone and iPod touch. Foxtel announced the new app as part of its 2013 programming launch in an event at Sydney’s Fox Studios.
As a general rule, we love Sonos speakers here at PC World. We’ve tried the PLAY:3, PLAY:5 and SUB -- each has impressed us, despite their universally high price tags.
Electronics retailer, Dick Smith, is recalling a range of its portable DVD and media players dating back to November 2009 due to fire risks posed by the internal batteries.
Foxtel is retiring its Showtime and Movie Network subscription cable TV packages, and replacing them with a unified cable and streaming service it is calling Foxtel Movies & Premium Drama.
Sonos has updated its Controller app for iOS devices bringing AirPlay style streaming.
Australian electronics retailer Dick Smith is holding a pre-Christmas, one day only sale on Wednesday 5 December, in what the company describes as an event to "celebrate" its new management team.
LG has brought out two new personal video recorders (PVRs) with 2D and 3D Blu-ray playback and recording, targeting buyers who want an all-in-one digital video player for their TVs.
Early adopters who spend $25,000 on Sony's 84-inch Ultra High-Definition BRAVIA TV will have a handful of movies to watch on it as soon as it's plugged in -- in the US, at least.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTHelpdesk TechnicianVIC
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Commercial AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTMS Dynamics DevelopersNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTService Desk Operators (Part time and Full Time)SA
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- TPSenior Communications Officer | SharePointQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTService Desk ConsultantACT
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW