China Central Television (CCTV) will allow two China-based Web sites to offer streaming broadcasts of Olympic events, the companies announced Wednesday.
Sharp and Sony have reached a basic agreement to form an LCD manufacturing joint venture, in a move that continues a months-long realignment of key players in the LCD panel business.
Blu-ray Disc may have beaten out HD DVD as the high-definition optical disc format to replace DVDs, but it now faces a new test against Internet downloads, market researchers Gartner and iSuppli said.
The world's first transceiver integrated on a single chip that operates at 60GHz on the CMOS (complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor) process, which is the most common semiconductor technology, was announced today by NICTA.
The BBC has revealed that the number of its TV shows downloaded or streamed on demand via BBC iPlayer has reached 500,000 a day, and that its partnership with third-parties for BBC-branded entertainment channels will be extended soon to Blinkx and MS...
Australian's who jumped in early with Toshiba's HD-DVD technology are left with an expensive upscaling device, CD/DVD burner and no future movies.
Microsoft appears to be looking for new ways to tie Windows Mobile phones and Zune media players together, although a Zune phone remains unlikely.
After cracking the encryption system that protected DVDs in order to play the discs he had bought on a PC running Linux, Jon Lech Johansen has his sights set on liberating other audiovisual content from the format in which it is sold.
BBC TV programs such as Life on Mars, Torchwood, Spooks and Little Britain have been made available for download from digital store iTunes.
The UK government is considering cutting off Internet access for web users who illegally download music, movies and other digital media.
Apple cut the price of its iPod shuffle, the least expensive of its music players, by AUD$34, and will launch an AUD$89 2GB model later this month, the company announced Tuesday.
By now Toshiba's decision to [[ArtId:1019495862 | no longer develop]], manufacture, or market HD DVD players and recorders is public knowledge. What's next for the company, and for consumers who bought into the format it supported? A close look at T...
Toshiba and SanDisk will build a new state-of-the-art flash memory chip factory together starting in 2009, and will share the output from it, the companies announced Tuesday.
Sony is beating its own target for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and will begin promoting a sustainable lifestyle to consumers through its products, its chief executive said Friday.
Toshiba has halted production of HD DVD players and recorders and is close to making a decision on whether to throw in the towel on the high-definition movie disc format, Japanese public broadcaster NHK reported Saturday evening.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD