Television over the Internet -- known to many as IPTV -- is the technology landline operators hope will let them compete with cable providers and others in offering bundles of services to customers.
Hulu, a joint online video project of NBC Universal and News Corp., is set to go live this week with programming from Time Warner's television group, Lions Gate Entertainment and sports groups. A beta version of the site was launched in October.
Heroic spacemen risking life and limb aboard the International Space Station are braced for their latest trial: not alien attack, nor a malfunctioning psychopath computer system, but an MP3 player filled with the worst music in the universe.
Samsung Electronics and Adidas have joined the race against Apple and Nike to offer people a device that plays music and keeps track of workouts.
China Central Television (CCTV) will allow two China-based Web sites to offer streaming broadcasts of Olympic events, the companies announced Wednesday.
Sharp and Sony have reached a basic agreement to form an LCD manufacturing joint venture, in a move that continues a months-long realignment of key players in the LCD panel business.
Blu-ray Disc may have beaten out HD DVD as the high-definition optical disc format to replace DVDs, but it now faces a new test against Internet downloads, market researchers Gartner and iSuppli said.
The world's first transceiver integrated on a single chip that operates at 60GHz on the CMOS (complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor) process, which is the most common semiconductor technology, was announced today by NICTA.
The BBC has revealed that the number of its TV shows downloaded or streamed on demand via BBC iPlayer has reached 500,000 a day, and that its partnership with third-parties for BBC-branded entertainment channels will be extended soon to Blinkx and MS...
Australian's who jumped in early with Toshiba's HD-DVD technology are left with an expensive upscaling device, CD/DVD burner and no future movies.
Microsoft appears to be looking for new ways to tie Windows Mobile phones and Zune media players together, although a Zune phone remains unlikely.
After cracking the encryption system that protected DVDs in order to play the discs he had bought on a PC running Linux, Jon Lech Johansen has his sights set on liberating other audiovisual content from the format in which it is sold.
BBC TV programs such as Life on Mars, Torchwood, Spooks and Little Britain have been made available for download from digital store iTunes.
The UK government is considering cutting off Internet access for web users who illegally download music, movies and other digital media.
Apple cut the price of its iPod shuffle, the least expensive of its music players, by AUD$34, and will launch an AUD$89 2GB model later this month, the company announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player debuts locally in May
- Report: Amazon wants to take on Spotify with a new music streaming service
- Apple is reportedly seeking exclusive content for the Apple TV
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC