EzyDVD, Australia's largest online DVD store, confirmed today that it will be launching a movie download service, EzyDownload. The new service, which has been in active development for five months, is set to be launched in September this year.
Microsoft is moving into the TV advertising realm with the acquisition of Navic Networks, which specializes in delivering targeted, interactive ads to users of digital cable set-top boxes.
In a surprising blow to HDTV adoption, a new survey from Pike & Fischer Broadband Advisory Services showed that of all the "new" services lusted after by consumers today, high-def fell surprisingly short of Internet broadband as the "most desired" te...
Foxtel will officially launch its new high definition television service on Sunday night when it broadcasts the Socceroos World Cup qualifying match against China in Sydney.
Imagine turning a movie into a game instantly, with the audience driving storytelling by defining the character. Advanced Micro Devices wants to make that possible in the future, with the company releasing new graphics chips that allow moviemakers an...
In a quest to make computing more interactive, Intel on Wednesday said it is working on video search technology that it hopes to bring to its future multimedia platforms.
Avid has released its latest family of professional digital video editing systems that it says offers greater speed, responsiveness, reliability and price-performance. The new lineup, which includes next-generation versions of Avid Media Composer (v3...
Virgin Media and the BPI are working together on an 'education campaign' aimed at users believed to be illegally sharing copyrighted files.
Grandmax, a brand from YC Cable, is showing off some nifty speakers for digital music lovers at Computex
Intel showed off a small, energy-efficient PC that is capable of paying Blu-ray discs, highlighting the high-definition video playback capabilities of its new 4 series chipset.
Six Brits have been arrested for illegally sharing music files. Cleveland Police made the arrests on May 23 and 28 'in relation to uploading pre-release music' onto the now defunct BitTorrent tracker OiNK.cd. However, the exact offences they are alle...
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies this week unveiled the 500GB 3.5-in. CinemaStar hard drive, which it said mutes noise and cuts power consumption in set-top boxes and digital video recorder (DRV) storage devices.
A New York man was convicted of copyright infringement late last week in the largest criminal music piracy case in the United States.
Four consumer electronics companies, including Sony and Sanyo Electric, have settled a complaint that they were infringing a patent on semiconductors related to LEDs and laser diodes used in products such as mobile phones, billboards, Blu-ray disc pl...
The U.K.'s biggest music retailer Woolworths Sunday announced that it is axing sales of CD singles.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
- Indiepix Unlimited wants to be the Netflix of independent film
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA