People who bought songs from Microsoft's now-defunct MSN Music service will get three more years to move the music to new devices and operating systems after a change of course by the company.
EzyDVD, Australia's largest online DVD store, confirmed today that it will be launching a movie download service, EzyDownload. The new service, which has been in active development for five months, is set to be launched in September this year.
Microsoft is moving into the TV advertising realm with the acquisition of Navic Networks, which specializes in delivering targeted, interactive ads to users of digital cable set-top boxes.
In a surprising blow to HDTV adoption, a new survey from Pike & Fischer Broadband Advisory Services showed that of all the "new" services lusted after by consumers today, high-def fell surprisingly short of Internet broadband as the "most desired" te...
Foxtel will officially launch its new high definition television service on Sunday night when it broadcasts the Socceroos World Cup qualifying match against China in Sydney.
Imagine turning a movie into a game instantly, with the audience driving storytelling by defining the character. Advanced Micro Devices wants to make that possible in the future, with the company releasing new graphics chips that allow moviemakers an...
In a quest to make computing more interactive, Intel on Wednesday said it is working on video search technology that it hopes to bring to its future multimedia platforms.
Avid has released its latest family of professional digital video editing systems that it says offers greater speed, responsiveness, reliability and price-performance. The new lineup, which includes next-generation versions of Avid Media Composer (v3...
Virgin Media and the BPI are working together on an 'education campaign' aimed at users believed to be illegally sharing copyrighted files.
Grandmax, a brand from YC Cable, is showing off some nifty speakers for digital music lovers at Computex
Intel showed off a small, energy-efficient PC that is capable of paying Blu-ray discs, highlighting the high-definition video playback capabilities of its new 4 series chipset.
Six Brits have been arrested for illegally sharing music files. Cleveland Police made the arrests on May 23 and 28 'in relation to uploading pre-release music' onto the now defunct BitTorrent tracker OiNK.cd. However, the exact offences they are alle...
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies this week unveiled the 500GB 3.5-in. CinemaStar hard drive, which it said mutes noise and cuts power consumption in set-top boxes and digital video recorder (DRV) storage devices.
A New York man was convicted of copyright infringement late last week in the largest criminal music piracy case in the United States.
Four consumer electronics companies, including Sony and Sanyo Electric, have settled a complaint that they were infringing a patent on semiconductors related to LEDs and laser diodes used in products such as mobile phones, billboards, Blu-ray disc pl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
- How to customize the Apple TV (fourth-generation) home screen
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- Hands-on with Surface Hub: Microsoft's huge tablet has some productivity holes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW