A battle of the titans is about to unfold between the Seven Network and Foxtel in the personal video recorder (PVR) market with the impending launch of the TiVo PVR in the Australian market by Seven.
Home Entertainment - News
Rhapsody America, the joint online music service of RealNetworks and MTV Networks, on Monday began selling songs from all major labels in the MP3 format and launched its mobile music service with Verizon Wireless.
Warner Music has hooked up with Nokia to allow its tracks to be distributed through the phone manufacturer's Comes With Music service.
The Seven Media Group has announced that Harvey Norman will have the exclusive rights to sell TiVo when it launches in Australia on July 29.
Sony announced today that it will launch a movie download service for the PlayStation 3 this summer in the US market.
A court in the Netherlands has ruled against an interpretation of local copyright law that allowed for downloading of copyrighted materials.
Panasonic is moving toward commercialization of OLED (organic light-emitting diode) panels and plans to put TVs with 37-inch OLED screens on sale in the next three years, according to a Japanese newspaper report.
Sony and Sony Ericsson have come out on top of the latest Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics, although most companies saw their scores drop due to a new ranking system based on wider criteria.
The Seven Network will be teaming up with TiVo to offer a Personal Video Recorder to Australian customers from July.
The Australian iTunes store is now offering purchasable downloads of popular TV series to its Australian customers.
People who bought songs from Microsoft's now-defunct MSN Music service will get three more years to move the music to new devices and operating systems after a change of course by the company.
EzyDVD, Australia's largest online DVD store, confirmed today that it will be launching a movie download service, EzyDownload. The new service, which has been in active development for five months, is set to be launched in September this year.
Microsoft is moving into the TV advertising realm with the acquisition of Navic Networks, which specializes in delivering targeted, interactive ads to users of digital cable set-top boxes.
In a surprising blow to HDTV adoption, a new survey from Pike & Fischer Broadband Advisory Services showed that of all the "new" services lusted after by consumers today, high-def fell surprisingly short of Internet broadband as the "most desired" te...
Foxtel will officially launch its new high definition television service on Sunday night when it broadcasts the Socceroos World Cup qualifying match against China in Sydney.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's new TV app puts all the shows and movies you want to watch in one spot
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Google's 4K HDR Chromecast Ultra costs US$69, and will launch in November
- Xiaomi's 4K-capable Mi Box is the most affordable Android TV device yet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCPeopleSoft DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET) 161103/AP/269Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- FTBizTalk Developer X3VIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCSecurity ExpertVIC
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC